Here I Am!

You heard the Wicked Witch of the West shriek, "I'm melting" when she was splashed with water. Well, I am yelling it too....yet wish I was being splashed with water.  It is so crazy here.  Mornings the cool air is blowing goosebumps across your arms and legs.  But the afternoons have you stuck to the chair where you have become part of the grime and dust of the room.  Why?  Global warming?  Massive lack of home insulation?  No air conditioning blowing?  Well, yes to all of that. It is in the 60's here in the mornings and is 100 in the shade this afternoon.  As in the words of Charlie Brown......
AAAARRRRRUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

But other than that.  It is beautiful weather for many things.  My laundry hanging out on the line is drying in a jiffy.  Some things are done by the time I have finished hanging up the full load.  Princess Emma says it is really nice and cool under the big ol oak tree while swinging on the horse swing.  But she says I can't swing as I am just a lil too big.  Darn the luck.  Yesterday evening we introduced our Gentleman to playing Chicken Foot with the dominos.  We were out on the big ol front porch with a cool breeze blowing across.  It was quite a nice way to spend an evening.  And I can spend a lil time in the afternoons, laying in the bed reading one of my latest books.  Dreaming of some place cooler than here for sure.

I also have my winners in the Chicken Soup for the Soul giveaway.  If you did not leave a comment there then you did not get to enter.  DARLENE, this means you have to stop lurking and jump on in here with us.  Leave a comment with your way of contact and you could have had a new book on it's way to you.   Yeah, I know, you are thinking about it.  But our 3 winners are:

Gimpe10 who said that she recommends exercise and lots of water for the new mom to be.

ALWAYS remember when you look at the MIRACLE, you are looking at the face of an angel from God!! LOTS of snuggles, and kisses too!!  This was tassynutt's comment. Congrats on this Kat. Glad you finally made it by here.

Giant Sis said... I would remind her to ask for help! No one expects her to do it all by herself, but they might not want to offer too much help so they don't offend her. She doesn't have to try to be a superhero - she already IS one! Always love hearing from you. Glad you will have a new CSftS coming your way soon.

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kiddo! Just wanted to stop in and say hi! I've been exhaustingly busy the last couple of weeks. So I haven't had time to do much more than type my blog. Hope it slows down after Easter.

    God Bless,
    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your winners. Wish I had that book about 14.5 months ago.

    Can you send some of that warmer weather to PA?!

    Have a beautiful day and a blessed Easter if I don't drop in before then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey it is cooler here - I HAD TO WEAR A WINTER COAT THE OTHER DAY. what the heck is going on?

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!