Getting the Apron back on!

Today I am planning on some cooking time.  It is not something I get to do too often anymore.  And I miss it very much.  But an after church social tomorrow has me planning and plotting to get my apron on.

So after throwing out the idea of Cantaloupe Pie due to not finding any melons ripe enough to use, I decided to go back to a fall favorite of Vanilla Pumpkin Soup.  This is a favorite of ours as well as making the house smell like autumn has arrived.  We also plan on making quiche and corn pudding.

What are some of your favorite recipes to show off your down home cooking?  Share with me so I will have something new to try and share next month on our church social.

Here are my recipes to use.

Vanilla Pumpkin Soup

Ingredients

pumpkin seeded and roasted in chunks
half n half
pumpkin pie spice
vanilla, butter
chicken stock
cinnamon
almond flavoring
sugar

Directions

I then took the roasted pumpkin and added it to half n half, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, butter, chicken stock, cinnamon, almond flavoring and sugar. Brought that to a boil. Then I blended it all in the blender. Made it into a warm rich goodness! All to taste and guessed on measurements. Really just started with what flavors I remembered from having some at the museum and went from there.


Corn Pudding

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) non fat yogurt
  • 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
  • 1/2 cup 2% lactaid
  • 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel mexi corn, drained
  • 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn


Directions

  • Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
  • until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after
  • each addition. Beat in sour cream. Gradually add muffin mix
  • alternately with milk. Fold in corn.
  • Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes
  • or until set and lightly browned

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!