Saucing It Up

We had guest over for dinner tonight.  It is a local man that always makes me smile.  But living in the middle of hunting area somewhat makes it hard for him to have dinner out.  He is chosen a vegetarian meal plan.  Being a single fellow he does not do much cooking for himself.  So when we can, we invite him for a home cooked meal.

Tonight we started off with my ever famous Vanilla Pumpkin Soup.  I just switched the broth to vegetable instead of chicken.  Added in some fresh baked yeast rolls and a green salad for side dishes.  Dessert was a homemade mincemeat cake.  Pretty good and a lil on the spicy side.  

But for our main course we had Meat-less Meatloaf.  First I cooked up a pot of pinto beans today.  Drained them and then smashed them up.  Added in chopped up onions and bell peppers.  I used the last of my bag of Beanfields Nacho Bean & Rice chips for the filler.  And then mixed in Fischer & Wieser Sweet & Savory Onion Glaze.
 Oh that gave this dish the most wonderful flavor.  I loved the sweet onions but the touch of jalapenos did just the trick.  A Texas winner if I ever saw one.  I then just mixed this all up by hand and placed it in a bunt pan to cook.
 Voila' dinner was served.  I need to get the beans a lil more mashed up and I wish I had used a bit more of that amazing sauce.  But I am going to do this all over again Thursday night for the in-laws.  I am going to try the

Smokehouse Bacon & Chipotle Grilling Sauce for that one!  

Now I want to tell you about these sauces I am using.  I have plans for many more of them.  Dear Hubby and I enjoyed a weekend roaming the streets of Fredricksburg, Texas.  And sampling the yummies that come from this German heritage town.  That is where Fischer & Wieser hales from.  Established in 1969, and owned and operated by members of the Fischer and Wieser families, the company lives by its motto “produce a quality product, and loyal customers will embrace it”.  I have several sauces that I have slated for different dinners.  

Harvest Apple Cider Glaze (a must have for pork tenderloin)
Sweet & Savory Onion Glaze (I would love to try this on grilled corn on the corn)
Charred Pineapple Bourbon Sauce (make up a new wings sauce here)
Papaya Lime Serrano Sauce (fish, yes, this one for the fish)

This is one of my picks for my Gift Guide this year.  I think that these would be great to give to the foodie in the family.  You can order online and have them shipped to you or directly to your special someone.  Fischer & Wieser also has a couple of recipes you might want to try out!

Chicken Dippers using Fischer & Wieser’s The Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce®
These chicken dippers are quick-to-fix finger foods that can be enjoyed as a main dish with a side salad or vegetables or as an appetizer for all to enjoy.

Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
1 egg
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat and tendon, cut into 1" nuggets
*1-1/2 cups peanut oil (or see baking instructions below, if you prefer to bake)
½ to ¾ cups The Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce®

Mix egg, soy sauce and cornstarch. Add chicken nuggets. Heat oil until hot enough to quickly brown a small drop of marinade (350-375°F). Stir-fry or deep-fry until crust is golden brown and chicken is done - about 4-6 minutes.

Dip in (remove “any of”) Fischer & Wieser The Original Roasted Raspberry ChipotleSauce® or any of our dipping sauces.

*If you wish to bake these, omit peanut oil. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray, or use parchment paper.
Place battered nuggets on sheet and bake in 350°F oven 7-8 minutes per side until nuggets are golden brown and juice runs clear when nugget is pierced with fork. Serves 4-6.
Fischer & Wieser Whole Lemon & Fig Marmalade is a versatile ingredient that packs a big punch with the zesty tang of lemon and the beautiful sweetness of figs. This flavor combination is so light and delicate that it’s perfect for chicken.

Chicken Breasts with Whole Lemon & Fig Marmalade

Figs have been rated as one of the world’s healthiest foods, and have been found to aid weight loss, lower blood pressure, and promote healthy bone density.٭ With only 2 main ingredients, this recipe couldn’t be easier, healthier or more delicious!  

Prep Time:  5-10 minutes
Cook Time:  35 minutes
Serves 4

1-1/4 cup Fischer & Wieser Whole Lemon & Fig Marmalade
non-stick cooking spray
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange chicken breasts in baking dish; spoon Fischer & Wieser Whole Lemon & Fig Marmalade over breasts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 35 minutes, basting frequently with more Fischer & Wieser Whole Lemon & Fig Marmalade.  Remove chicken from baking dish and place on warm platter. Pour cooking juices over chicken as sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices if desired. Serve with a tossed salad and a side of rice, and you’ve got dinner!           

Thanks ever so much to Fischer & Wieser for sending me these wonderful sauces to try out.  I love having foods made right here in Texas.  And more so when I can go and visit to see just what goodies they have on hand.  Also amazingly affordable prices!  That is perfect for me and my pocket book when it comes to gifts this season.

1 comment:

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!