Winter in Summer

You know I am Texas born and Texas proud.  This is my home and I could never imagine living anywhere else in this whole world.  But there is a Texas author that I admire for being able to take her wings and fly to the ends of the earth...just to have it arrive on the pages of a book later.  Anita Higman has the amazing ability to take her adventures and mold them into a story line that is put down on paper for me to read.  That in itself is pretty amazing to me since I can not write a book about fantasy lil on adding in my own reality to it.  Now let's add in that she did all of this while dealing with a fear of flying, a trip to Australia, leaving her own daughter in her first year of college and returning home to a disaster from a hurricane.  Wow, I am breathless.

Okay here we go in the middle of a Texas summer let snow fall around us to cool our imagination.  Winter In Full Bloom is a trip that I feel I have lived myself.  The empty nest syndrome is no stranger to my own arms.  My JD has been out of my home for 7 years with college and now her own apartment.  But to this day I still want to pull those apron strings and drag her back into the safety of my arms.  Of course she would have none of this as is only right with the world.  Lily Winter is feeling the very same desire.  In this she is also astounded to find she is not alone as she thought.  With a change of her life's direction, Lily faces her fears to reach out to find her long lost sister.  Moving heaven and earth will not be enough.  She still must also go to the ends of the earth and back.  But this all results in a love she never imagined would be.  Amazing how life comes full circle when we allow it.

About Winter in Full Bloom: Lily Winter's wings are folded so tightly around her daughter that when empty nest arrives, she feels she can no longer fly. But Lily's lonely, widowed life changes in a heartbeat when she goes to visit a woman who is almost a stranger to her---a woman who also happens to be her mother. During their fiery reunion, her mother reveals a dark family secret that she'd been hiding for decades---Lily has an identical twin sister who was put up for adoption when they were just babies.

Without looking back, Lily---with her fear of flying---boards a jumbo jet and embarks on a quest to find her sister which leads half way around the world to Melbourne, Australia. Befriended by imprudent Ausie, he might prove to be the key to finding her sister. But her journey becomes a circle that leads her back home to attempt a family reunion and to find the one dream she no longer imagined possible-the chance to fall in love again.

Purchase the Book: http://ow.ly/nIIcx

Meet Anita: Best-selling and award-winning author, Anita Higman, has over thirty books published (several coauthored) for adults and children. She's been a Barnes & Noble "Author of the Month" for Houston and has a BA degree, combining speech communication, psychology, and art. Anita loves good movies, exotic teas, and brunch with her friends.

Connect with Anita at: www.anitahigman.com 

Thanks ever to Litfuse for sharing with me so I could share with you.  This is a rewarding experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!