Perfect Cookie for the Princess

Yesterday was Princess Emma's official birthday.  We are having a party for her on Saturday.  But in the meantime she made the rounds of visiting and getting her birthday well wishes from her family and friends.

I was thrilled that she was coming out to see me while I am house/dog sitting.  Of course she brought her bathing suit so she could play in the (unheated) hot tub for a bit too.  Splashing around is always fun.

But for her birthday surprise I made her ONE giant cookie!  It was Blueberry Molasses Ginger.  Oh and it was yummy good too.  Now I cheated this time and used a mix because I was not home.  But I do not think that I could have done this one justice on my own.  Why?  Well the mix was easy to do and tasted great!  I did add the blueberries to it though. 

Isn't it a big ol cookie?  Princess Emma was happy enough to share with us all.  I want to tell you that the mix was by AmongFriends and it is gluten free made with oat flour and the right amount of cinnamon and lemon zest.  It also cooked up to a perfect crunch on the edge and still soft in the center.  I was afraid that making it into one big cookie would make it gooey in the center but nope...not at all.  Perfect consistency all the way through out.  All I did was add an egg, vanilla and butter to the mix.  (Well of course I added my own blueberries too.)  I hand mixed it and put it on a oiled cookie sheet.  Spread it out with my hands to a pretty even thickness and popped it into the oven.  Oh and looking at the ingredients on the back is the best part!  Not a chemical one.  Just like we would make at home but easier.

Ingredients:
Certified gluten-free oat flour, natural brown sugar, organic cane sugar*, molasses granules (sucrose, molasses, cane caramel), organic ground flax seed**, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, ginger, clove, lemon peel, star anise and seed.
Certified Organic By: *Quality Assurance International, **International Certification Services

 You can order these online and they are only $5.99 a mix.  Also many different flavors that I want to try!  Which one do you want to try out?  Thanks also to AmongFriends for sending me this to try out.  Now you have me hooked! 

CJ's Chocokrinkles

CJ's Chocokrinkles

Premium cocoa and chocolate with a hint of espresso make it hard to believe this melt-in-your-mouth cookie is whole grain and low calorie.

Evan's Heavenly

Evan's Heavenly

Velvety soft spelt flour combines with hearty oats, organic raisins, almond meal, and a hint of cinnamon for a memorable version of this classic.



Phil'em Up - Gluten Free

Phil'em Up - Gluten Free

Gluten-free oatmeal cookies studded with chocolate, coconut, and cranberries. Ingredients: Certified gluten-free oat flour and rolled oats.

Shane's Sweet-N-Spicy - Gluten Free

Shane's Sweet-N-Spicy - Gluten Free

A molasses cookie “just like grandma’s”. Spicy, but not too spicy. Soft and chewy, but not too soft or chewy.



Suzie Q's Chocolate Chip

Suzie Q's Chocolate Chip

Our best seller, this moist chewy cookie is loaded with flax and whole grains and studded with premium chocolate.


Trish the Dish Fruit Crisp

Trish the Dish Fruit Crisp

The high ratio of toasted oats, flax and almond meal to flour in this crisp makes it easy to turn any fruit into a healthy and delicious dessert,...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!