A Lil Luck of the Irish from Me

I loved making lunch for St. Pats day.  We had friends over and it was a great time of sharing.  The menu was:

Cucumber Dill salad in Greek Yogurt
Irish Stew
Cheddar Jalapeno Biscuits


with Pistachio Cake for dessert.


All of this was made fresh by lil ol me.  Not really hard at all, just a lil time consuming.  I thought maybe I could share the recipes for some of this with you.

The salad is just what it says.  Sliced cucumbers with chopped up fresh dill tossed in Greek yogurt.  I chilled it while I cooked the rest of the meal.  The Irish stew was actually made a week ago and finished off with some more boiled tators and carrots.  I mixed in some seasonings with vegetable broth when I reheated it for the meal.

Here is my recipe for Cheddar Jalapeno Biscuits:

3 C all purpose flour
1/4 C sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C butter (1 stick) melted
1 beaten egg
1 4 oz can of jalapenos (I drained the liquid and measured it out. I also chopped the jalapenos up fine.)
1 1/8 C of milk (I replaced equal measurements of milk with the jalapeno juice so it is still a total of 1 1/8 C of liquid.)

I mix all in one bowl.  I oiled a cup cake pan and use it to put the dough in for each biscuit.  Instead of rolling out and cutting biscuits I form balls about the size of each cup cake opening of the pan.  Insert into oven and cook at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes.

For my Pistachio Cake:

1/2 C butter
1 box of INSTANT pistachio pudding mix (measure this amount to replace equal amounts of the sugar.)
1 3/4 C sugar (remember to use the measured of the pudding mix first and then finish off with sugar to equal the 1 3/4 C needed.)
2 eggs beaten
2 1/4 C flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 C milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all and pour into a greased bundt pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 to 40 minutes checking with a toothpick to see when it is done.   A toothpick will come out clean when the cake is fully baked.

I hope you enjoy these.  I know we sure do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!