Twisted Thoughts

Today I want to share with you a versatile author.  I currently have three of his books sitting here.  One is on my e-reader while the other two are in print form.  In looking them all over I have found a man who can really change the direction and venue of his stories.  This is something that I really love about a good writer.  Frank Nappi also is talented in that he has been a high school English and Creative Writing for over twenty years.  So he is helping future authors find their way too!

Now the book that I have to share with you today was a very hard one for me to read.  Let me give you a lil back story on my part then I will share Frank's story with you.  As a young girl growing up I was preyed on by different men who used me as their sexual puppet.  It created many problems in my life that took years for me to resolve and come to terms with.  At the same time as an adult I have helped men who did this same thing and had to pay the price for it.  When they were free to live their lives again it seemed they had no one to help them get started.  Here I have stepped in giving them a starting point.  Why when I was once a victim?  I don't know what to tell you but that I am healed and know that my life's purpose is be there to help others any way I can.


Now on to Frank's book Nobody Has To Know.  Whew this one is not an easy read.  I did not find myself rooting for the main character, Cameron Baldridge, a popular high school teacher.  Instead I was quite angry at him for not taking the right path.  I could not feel pity even.  Instead I was out raged that he gave in to temptation.  Now do not think that was all for me though.  You see I have always had the curiosity about why people do things they know is wrong.  Where in their heads does it start to feel right or justified.  Frank Nappi provided me with just that in his character, Cameron.  


From there Nobody Has To Know became a mystery.  You see not only does Cameron fall for the pursuits of one of his students, he gives in and makes plans to continue a 'relationship' with her.  But things go wrong right off and he is then in the middle of a twisted plot of revenge.  You find yourself sorta feeling like Cameron is going to get what he deserves and then later on feeling the spiraling effect of fear from his life becoming so out of control.  It is there that I see where I find it important to help others no matter the past life they have led.  Here is where I know that people do change and Cameron finds that he wishes he had made the right decision from the beginning.




Is this an easy read?  For me no but it is not a long book and reads quite quickly.  So you can come through it pretty quickly.  Frank Nappi twines a way through a story line that fills you with anger, revulsion and even that 'going to get even' way that so many of us feel inside.  I want to thank him and Nicole of Tribute Books for sharing this book with me.  I was skeptical at first but found a story that really moved me.  
For early December, Frank is donating all of the proceeds from the sale of 'Nobody Has to Know' to support recovery efforts from Hurricane Sandy. His own community where he teaches high school English, Oceanside, was devastated by the storm.


Nobody Has to Know Book Summary:
Nobody Has To Know, Frank Nappi's dark and daring new thriller, tells the story of Cameron Baldridge, a popular high school teacher whose relationship with one of his students leads him down an unfortunate and self-destructive path. Stalked through text-messages, Baldridge fights for his life against a terrifying extortion plot and the forces that threaten to expose him.

Nobody Has To Know is a sobering look into a world of secrets, lies, and shocking revelations, and will leave the reader wondering many things, including whether or not you can ever really know the person you love.

Frank Nappi's Bio: 
Frank Nappi has taught high school English and Creative Writing for over twenty years. His debut novel,Echoes From The Infantry, received national attention, including MWSA's silver medal for outstanding fiction. His follow-up novel, The Legend of Mickey Tussler, garnered rave reviews as well, including a movie adaptation of the touching story "A Mile in His Shoes" starring Dean Cain and Luke Schroder. Frank continues to produce quality work, including Sophomore Campaign, the intriguing sequel to the much heralded original story, and is presently at work on a third installment of the unique series. Frank lives on Long Island with his wife Julia and their two sons, Nicholas and Anthony.

Kindle buy link 

3 comments:

  1. Lenore, thanks for having the courage to share your personal story in relation to Frank's book. It means a lot.

    On a brighter note, I'm glad you found a new author to enjoy!

    P.S. For early December, Frank is donating all of the proceeds from the sale of 'Nobody Has to Know' to support recovery efforts from Hurricane Sandy. His own community where he teaches high school English, Oceanside, was devastated by the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thorough review of the book made for a good read. I am so honored that you enjoyed it. I look forward to your thoughts on my other novels....

    Thanks again!

    Frank Nappi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kiddo! I'M BAAAAAACK! We are in the Hot and Sunny state of Arizona for the winter, staying in an RV or Travel Camp as they are called on Base. We have FREE WIFI, so I can take as long as I need to for my blog. I have posted twice recently. Hope everything is ok. I'm headed to church so I shall close for now.

    Love ya!
    PJ

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!