The Christmas Web Tradition

Oh how I have been waiting to tell you about The Christmas Web. First off you have to know that my last name is Webb.  So that right there starts off my interest in The Christmas Web.  Next is that it is a unique way to start a tradition for a family.  We all have those that have been passed down but what about those that we start within our family.   Is yours the Elf on the Shelf or serving food at a local shelter or the whole family out in their PJs with hot cocoa and popcorn while looking at Christmas lights?

Some of our traditions is all day cookie making.  Really all day!  We put out a good 65 to 80 dozen cookies that day for gifts.  The annual jelly, jam and bread making for gifts.  Granny M is our go to woman for all things sticky while I am the one that packs in the carbs.  I do find that it is harder to keep the traditions now that JD is off on her own and our other children and grandbabes are not close.  This year seems particularly quiet so far.  So I want to see about doing The Christmas Web when the Grandbabes get to come for their visit.  


   
Developed by Kerry J. Grinkmeyer, The Christmas Web was inspired by the Grinkmeyer family tradition of hanging family Christmas stockings on the mantel the day after Thanksgiving. In each stocking, Mr. Grinkmeyer would insert a spool (Magic Wand) with 70 yards of yarn wound around it.  When the children came down Christmas morning, they found that the yarn was wound through the house - around window latches, door knobs, chairs and doors. It ended in a closet or cabinet which held their special gift from one of Santa’s elves, an elf who had been looking out for them for the past year and knew of their desire for this special gift.  20 years later, this tradition was passed down to their three grandchildren.  In 2011, Mr. Grinkmeyer wrote the book Christmas Web to share his family tradition with the rest of the world.

Well this continued to grow.  Finally Mr. Grinkmeyer wrote a book to tell the story of how Santa and the Elves came about with a Christmas Web.  It is explained and shown here in this video.  Maybe this is the new tradition you have been waiting for.  It is one that the "Webb" household is starting this year with their Grandbabes.  I can't wait to see the fun of them searching for their special gift.  Thanks so to the whole Grinkmeyer family for sharing their tradition and giving me The Christmas Web set to start our new tradition.



2 comments:

  1. This looks like fun and will introduce it into my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in my life. This man is trying to ride on the coattails od the elf on the shelf to make a buck. Why would anyone pay him $40 bucks for some wooden dowels and a spool of yarn?

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!