Southern Charm

So do you like the southern girl book theme?  You know what I mean.  It has some really good ones that are already classics.  Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, The Help, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Steel Magnolias.  Yeah, you know these.  Well I love this type of book.  Maybe it is being a Texas gal that helps them tug at my heart so.  Or it could be that they sound the way I talk.

It is just a book that makes me feel at home is so comforting.  I know that is why the popularity of these 'southern' books hits home with so many.  'Saving Grace' is another that fits into this grouping.  Now it is not as tug at the heart strings as others.  But a decent read.  I do think there is a lil bit that seems to be stock or expected.  Now again, that is the charm of this type of story.  It could be the family down the street or your great aunt as the character.

While I enjoyed reading Annie Jones story I did not like the method I had to do it on.  This was another e-book that I could download on to my computer with Adobe Digital Editions.  But I could not get it to transfer to my generic e-reader.  That is so aggravating.  I had to sit in my office to read.  And that is not good.  You see, I tend to disappear into facebook and pinterest if I am near my computer.  You too?  So I try to stay with good old fashion paper books.  They work best for me.  Maybe one day I will get this all down and be a lil more tech savvy.

I do thank WaterBrook Multnomah for sharing with me though.  It is great to be part of their Blogging For Books group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!