Feeling good again

Well I am sleeping better now.  My knee is not killing me all of the time.  That is a major blessing.  I am so glad of that.  Of course I never can lay down without a book.  And of course I can not be tied to my computer to read.  So I am really happy to have a nice hard back in my hands again.  Thanks so to Book Sneeze for sending it to me.  


I started reading Eyes of Justice a couple of nights ago.  It is great to have a mystery in my hands again.  I love being able to get in there and try to figure out just who did what and better yet WHY?  



This is part of a series of books by Lis Wiehl and April Henry.  I am getting in here late so it is sad to know that I do not get to really know one of the main characters.  You see she is the one that 'got done in' for this book.  But maybe I can learn why Cassidy (the unlucky one) had to die off.  


It reminds me some of the Woman's Murder Club since the Triple Threat Club is composed of a crime reporter, an FBI agent, and a federal prosecutor.  This time we loose the crime reporter in a grisly murder.  So it is up to her two best friends to help the local police figure out just what really happened.  I am not through with this one.  So I am learning what is happening each night.  You know that I am going to want to lay down early tonight to get back into it.  


Til then I guess I will get back to daily life.  Housework and all.  Actually getting things ready to move in a hot tub of my own here.  YEAH!  I found it listed for a steal of a price and the fellows are going to get it tonight.  By summer I will be able to lounge in my own hot (not heated then) tub, read a good book and sip on a cold drink.  Oh that sounds like heaven to me.  Who wants to join me?  The tub seats 6 so there is plenty of room.  Tammy come on down and bring Aunt Rene!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent review. I really enjoyed this book--after I recovered a bit from the shock of having one of the Triple Threat gals murdered! The loss of one of the main characters early in the book is much more shocking if you have read the previous books in the series. So I recommend your readers read at least one--Heart of Ice was a great one.
    This book is a great blend of mystery, suspense and chick lit. The friendships between the women are portrayed realistically, complete with occasional insecurities and self-doubts, but also fierce loyalty. Lis’ experience in the legal field and in the media allows her to write realistically about these characters and their adventures as they solve crimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'A nice hard back in your hands'. Sounds dirty.

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!