Today is Valentine's Day and I was surprised when I found my first one in my email this morning. Kat over at Kat's Daily Inspiration was kind enough to send me the Versatile Blogger Award. What an honor. Thank you Kat! It is so nice to be noticed. And to be told one is versatile is great, of course us moms know that versatility is the key to running a smooth home.
First I have to tell you 7 things about me.
1. My nickname growing up was Tuzy. I like it. I have been Tuzy all of my life in one way or another. Weather it be as a child or an Aunt or as a name other children can remember. My grandfather bestowed the name on me at birth and I am lucky that it fits me so well. I use to ask him why he named me Tuzy and he would say I looked like a Tuzy. Well I always wondered what a Tuzy looked like. So I googled it in images and found I look like this and I have to agree. Thanks to ADQ.
3. I am double jointed in four of my fingers and in my jaw. Now the fingers can make me look a lil wicked. But the jaw can either make me a very good kisser or a great at eating yummy foods. My Dear Hubby says he thinks it is both.
5. I have been raped and sexually abused. It is something that has happened to me multiple times and years ago. It is also something that has made me become a very strong woman. I have grown to learn how to forgive for horrid acts and know that in forgiveness I am the one who becomes healthier and happier for it. I have also learned that rape and sexual abuse is not about sex and certainly not about love. It is about power and control and fear. In that I have learned that I do not have to give up my inner strength to anyone. That I am in control of what I feel and that I have the ability to love and enjoy a healthy sex life that has nothing to do whatsoever with the acts that were performed against me. I to have learned that most women have been through this in one way or another. And it is not shameful nor something to hide. Instead I have used the very strengths and forgiveness that has become part of me to reach out and help others who need a shoulder to lean on or a home to shelter them or an hand to clasp no matter of what they have done or had done to them.
6. I am fat. I am round and rolly and polly and doubled chinned and thick thighed and big butt. I have a tummy that is too big and hips that stick out. There are arm flaps that wave when I do and crinkles that curl up at my eyes when I smile. But I am also happy, soft and comfy, and more so loved just the way I am. Gosh what girl could ask for more than that?
But another one of the benefits of this award, is that I get to pick 7 other bloggers to receive this award. These are all very versatile and I love visiting with them. Pop over and tell them hello, happy Valentines day and that Crazed Mind sent ya.
1. Andrea at Confessions of a Daydream Believer
2. Nikki at Furry Bottoms
3. Kaylen at It's Serious This Time
4. Jennifer at Just Wedeminute
5. Joycee at justjoycee
6. Lou Ann at Its Always Something Around Here
7. Kristye at LIFE WITH KRISTYEMAC she is new and could use a lil bloggy love....go see her!