Picture Picture on the wall....
tell us a story...
Tell it all!
Today I thought I would share some pictures and the lil tales behind them with you.
Our first one is a Texas Tall Tale or is that a Fish Story (those are always big!). While we where house sitting last time, Jimmy brought us a fish for dinner. Now remember Texas is in the middle of a horrid drought. But Jimmy pulled in this 35 pound blue catfish from the local lake. What was nicer was his wife and him taught me how to clean it. We then later breaded it with shrimp breading (more flavor mixed in automatically) and had us a wonderful fish fry for dinner!
I have to say that I do not sleep well at all. My wish is to be able to sleep like cats do. Anytime and anywhere! Our two kittens decided the kitchen counter is a good spot.....especially on top of the dishes. So much so that we had to cover them with dish towels to keep them clean!
Today when Princess Emma came in from school she wanted to help me brighten up the day. So we decided to add some color to our outside porch walls. There was already a sun and moon hanging on my walls outside. But they were just made from red clay. Thankfully with the help of some sidewalk chalk we soon had a brighter outlook. What do you think?
I found a new exercise routine. It helps me stay motivated by walking. But in this Texas heat a walk around the block can be quite bothersome. Even twice around the block could wear a girl out. Now I can do it all in the comfort of home....and you can too. Wanna join me in a walk around the block a couple of times?
When the Grandbabes were here last, my TK wanted to cheer up her Nonnie. And that she did. What a simple thing but I promise you that a nosegay of lil wild flowers can always make you smile. She picked the wild Lantana outside then used a bit of clear tape to hold them together. Just a lovely spray of color. I put them in an antique pill bottle with water. And let the stay there til they dried....as a matter of fact they are still there. When was the last time you had flowers given to you?
We love to shop at the local Dollar General. Great prices and even better customer service. But I found another plus! Their store brand is Clover Valley. And I can get almost any staple in that brand. With a guarantee. Tell me when you ever saw a 100% HAPPY Guarantee? I know my photo is blurry but it is a great thing that makes me smile to just see it.
We also was able to make Princess Emma happy too. She loves her after school snack and the best is Yoplait Yogurt. Now with her in school she also can carry it for part of her lunch. Do you see her new beautiful Yoplait Yogurt PINK lunch tote?
We were so thrilled to be part of Yoplait Do the Swap this year. Small changes can make a big difference over time. That's why Yoplait Light has created the "Yoplait Light Swap" to remind people that by making simple substitutions, like swapping one item from your diet per day for a 100 or 110 calorie Yoplait Light, you can cut unwanted calories and help yourself feel great about daily diet choices. Through swapping tips for food, fitness, and fashion, the "Yoplait Light Swap" can help remind you how rewarding one simple change can be.
- Yoplait Light yogurt offers 33 different options to choose from in fruit, pastry and dessert flavors that contain around 100 calories or less, providing endless swapping options.
- Visit www.Facebook.com/Yoplait to share your favorite food, exercise and fashion swaps, find recipes and quizzes. Alison Sweeney, host of "The Biggest Loser" and author of The Mommy Diet, offers this Top Swap Tip on how she maintains her weight with a hectic schedule.
- "I'm all about easy solutions, and making simple swaps in my diet helps me lead a healthy lifestyle while juggling everything else. I swap a slice of my favorite red velvet cake after dinner for a cup of Red Velvet Cake Yoplait Light which can save me almost 300 calories, without even thinking about it."
- Swap your way to fabulous with the following tips from fashion guru, host of the Style Network's "How Do I Look?" and correspondent for NBC's upcoming series "Fashion Star," Jeannie Mai.
- Swap the bus for a 15 minute walk on the way home, and you can save 60 calories.
- Boost your confidence in seconds by swapping more low-key flats for a pair of colorful heels.
- Expand your wardrobe without breaking the bank by swapping clothes and accessories with your girlfriends.
- You and your readers can visit http://bit.ly/yoplaitswapcoupon to download a printable coupon* for $1.00 off the purchase of three (3) cups of Yoplait Light yogurt to get you started with the "Yoplait Light Swap" today!
- Your giveaway winner's prize pack will contain:
- (1) VIP coupon for a free cup of Yoplait Light yogurt
- Insulated tote bag
- Water bottle
- Sun glass holder
- Hardcover planner
- Ballpoint pen
"Disclosure: The Yoplait Light Swap prize pack, information and coupon have been provided by Yoplait through MyBlogSpark."