Can We Keep Them Little?

BITSY BOUNCY BABY
ON A BUMPITY LAP
MOMMY'S BABY LIKES TO
CLAP CLAP CLAP

Now you may think I have lost it but I like reading fun rhyming words to the kids.  It makes them laugh and smile and clap.  Princess Emma wants to repeat what I say while the great niece is dancing along with the rhythm of the words.

This cardboard book (yeah for sturdy books) helps with the night time reading.  That putting to bed time.  Saying goodnight to all, mom, dad, grandfolks, pets, John Boy.  Well, okay, not John Boy...but you know what I mean.  We have to include everyone each night.  But it sure does make my heart swell when Princess Emma says, "Aunt Tuzy, I keep you in my heart right here."  

IF I COULD KEEP YOU LITTLE,
I'D DECIDE ON MATCHING CLOTHES.
BUT THEN I'D MISS YOU CHOOSING
DOTS ON TOP AND STRIPES BELOW.

Yeah, that is my Princess Emma.  A mix match of pink clothes.  She loves to dress herself and is so proud that she matches so well.  I marvel at her growing up.  Four already!  You now that we all want to keep them little.  For it is a special time.  One that feeds our soul, to breath in their scent and feel their hearts swell with compassion for others.  I am always so amazed at the things that the lil  ladies do around here.  And what they notice.  Why just yesterday Princess Emma was looking at a photo of College Girl when she was only 2 years old.  Amazed to see the jewelry she was wearing.  Tiny lil earrings and a thin gold chain.  Gosh I wish College Girl was little once more just so I could breath in her scent and hold her close again.

You can find If I Could Keep You Little and Baby, Baby, Baby at Sourcebooks.com.  I loved sharing them with the girls and can't wait to read them to the Grandbabes when they are down next.  Thanks April for sending them on to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!