New Breakfast of Champions

Well today I tried a new breakfast. This is in works with my weight loss program. So I was happy to taste and fill full quite quickly of Chia Goodness. I tried the apple cinnamon variety (I love that flavor) heated as I do with my oatmeal. I used a lil brown sugar too.

This was a thick filling meal. And it is quite low fat and carries protein and a lower calorie count. Using only 2 tablespoons of the cereal with 4 tablespoons of water created a 1/4 cup of cereal. And amazing is that the 1/4 cup of cereal filled me up. I did not expect that at all. I was surprised. Tomorrow morning I am going to try it with some frozen blue berries in it.

This had only 130 calories and 6 grams of fat, most being polyunsaturated fat at that. And for those of you with allergies you may want to know that Chia Goodness is from a highly nutritious seed, and indeed, a super food. Chia is gluten-free, lactose-free, has five times the calcium of milk, and more Omega 3 than flaxseed or salmon. It’s an excellent source of fiber, containing more fiber than almost any other food. Also since you can get 11 servings from one bag you save money. It comes to only .68 cents a serving for breakfast. Pretty good. Much better than those cereal bars for cost and the amount of sugar alone.

Thank you to Ruth's Hemp Foods for sending me my bag of Chia Goodness to sample. I sure do appreciate it. I know when I go to Dallas this weekend I will be looking for some more at Whole Foods.

1 comment:

  1. I have never been a fan of oatmeal BUT that bowl of goodness looks and sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!