Popcorn Shrimp Recipes

Y'all know I am on a diet. And I tease that it is a SEE FOOD diet! Of course, I am really trying out different meals to keep me watching my calories, fat and still keeping in protein and fresh food as much as possible. I recently tried a new recipe and thought I would try it with you. So here is my real seafood meal. Seafood is an excellent source of protein, provides omega-3 fatty acids necessary for brain development and vision, and supplies essential vitamins like B12 and D, along with important nutrients.

Popcorn Shrimp Salad
  • Ingredients
    2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 3 ears) or one 10-ounce package frozen corn, thawed
    1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
    1 package SeaPak® Popcorn Shrimp
    1/2 cup (3.5 ounces) shelled roasted pumpkin seeds
    6 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
    1/4 cup fresh orange juice
    2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    2 teaspoons honey
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper

  • Directions
    In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, popcorn shrimp, pumpkin seeds, and scallions.
    In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange and lime juices, honey, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss with the shrimp mixture.
Now if this a lil too grown up for your kiddos I understand. “Seafood is one of the greatest super foods on the planet, and children should be eating more of it,” said Elizabeth Ward, nationally-recognized registered dietitian, mother and author of several books about nutrition for children. “Unfortunately, our generation of parents may be unaware of the incredible benefits seafood provides to children, and to the entire family, including protein and other essential nutrients.” I know that Emma enjoyed the following one below from SeaPak Shrimp Company.


Ingredients
1 package macaroni and cheese
Milk and butter (if needed to prepare macaroni and cheese)

Directions
PREHEAT oven to 450˚. Put water on to boil for macaroni.
ARRANGE popcorn shrimp in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake shrimp for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. For best results turn shrimp after baking for 5 minutes.
PREPARE macaroni and cheese according to package instructions.
POUR macaroni in to serving dish. Top with hot shrimp.
From Jenna G: Want to serve your family an even cheesier version? Cook shrimp and the macaroni and cheese according to the above instructions. Pour macaroni and cheese into a casserole dish. Top with hot shrimp then sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top. Pop the casserole under the broiler for a minute to melt the cheese.
From Robin C: After I've prepared it according to the recipe, I put it in a glass baking dish, crumble corn flakes on top, and bake it in the oven for about 5 minutes to make the top nice and cripsy. The kids love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!