Loaning our CG

Loans, loan forms, FASFA and more...it seems to be a never ending line of paperwork to keep the school loans coming. Poor College Girl, she is in the financial aid office each week trying to learn this maze of paperwork. And there is not much I can do to help her. First she has to do

Credit freezeImage by paalia via Flickr

the paperwork herself at the school. And I need some major credit repair before anyone would be willing to let me be a cosigner for my lil CG.
So many of us in this economic upheaval are working on ways to fix your credit. I know that it has been a battle for me with having had previous divorces and loss of income when I became disabled. And now my College Girl is having to suffer from my bad credit. Poor dear.
How many of us come out of 4 to 6 years in higher education and have good credit. Not too many. So this is something that she will be contending with herself in just a few years. How to keep loans paid off and up to date while making it on her own. I know that there are many companies and organizations out there to help us repair our finances. Places like Consumer Credit Counseling, Ovation Credit, Debt Relief and of course the dreaded lawyers too.
Sometimes I am not sure how we manage to get through the muck and mire of all the new things we have to learn to take care of our finances.
What has worked for you? Do you have loans, credit cards and debt you have had to have help with? Or are you a cash and carry kind of girl. I know that is what I have become. If I do not have the money in our account then we just do not purchase something.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. I am a Cash kind of girl.. If I don't have the money to buy it now... I don't buy it.
    This can honestly bite you in the butt as much as bad credit.. because this means I have no Credit. Apparently one is as bad as the other.
    Good luck to CG I am sure they will get it all figured out for her at the school..
    Patience, I know I don't have enough patience to deal with all of that paperwork.
    Take Care
    Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what kind of girl I am yet, it's complicated.

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!