Life Without Fear?



Fearless by Max Lucado is another of his "Wow" reads. He's done it again. Another winner. I am glad too. I have enjoyed reading Max Lucado and l am happy when a good author continues to put out good books. So Max, thank you for another great book. This is a book that I will definitely read again and will recommend to all of my family and friends. I would recommend this book to those going through fearful times in your life or if you are an every day worrier about the littlest things.

The following words from the dust jacket give an overview of our problem with fear: "Each sunrise seems to bring fresh reasons for fear. They're talking layoffs at work, slowdowns in the economy, fare-ups in the Middle East, turnovers at headquarters, downturns in the housing market, and upswings in global warming. The plague of our day, terrorism, begins with the word terror. Fear, it seems, has taken a hundred year lease on the building next door and set up shop. Over sized and rude, fear herds us into a prison and slams the doors. Wouldn't it be great to walk out?"

Max speaks to common people about everyday problems. If that's you. You will like this book. There is also a discussion guide a group or single person can learn so much. After examining the discussion guide I decided that it would have been more beneficial if I had read the questions for each chapter first. Then I could have gone back and answered the questions. I did find this book to be a quick read. This would be an excellent read for those with anxiety issues. (Such as myself.)

The dust jacket encourages: "Imagine your life, wholly untouched by angst. What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats? If you could hover a fear magnet over your heart and extract every last shaving of dread, insecurity, or doubt, what would remain? Envision the day when you can trust more and fear less."

"Can You Imagine Your Life Without Fear?"




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!