Self Esteem Sunday



Photobucket

Melody over at Pennies In My Pocket
has started this lovely weekend tradition.
Self-Esteem Saturday or Sunday

What are friends for?

I received a phone call last Thursday that one of my good friends was going to come and see me. I was so excited as I have had any time with her (more 15 min in 6 months). She lived with me for 7 years and we grew into a bond better than sisters. So when I moved away 6 years ago she was one that I was aching for on a daily basis.
Friday morning I woke at 4:30 in the morning and started cleaning house. Working fast and furious, I had it all done by 7 a.m. Then I started making banana bread for dessert that night. (Also made some for college girls theatre bake sale) I took out fish to thaw for a fish fry that night and was also working out the rest of the meal when my friend called. She was not coming. Well she might come? Upset tummy and not sure. DISAPPOINTED? YEAH! She called back 2 hours later to say yeah she would make it. Ok, back to game day of cooking and preparing. New call, she would be late. See me at 6 pm instead of 3 pm. OK, more time to prepare. 5 pm another call. She is not feeling well and not coming at all.
I felt like poopy. I miss her. I want to see her. I worked all day for her.
Ok I know she is ill so......swallow my disappointment the best I can.
Then Saturday rolls around. Time for garage sales with my mom. Last week was a dud so we should find something good this week. WRONG! Week two of nothing to buy. Money must be burning a hole in our pockets. Well we are leaving the last sale, hop into my mom's van, turn the key and . . . . . . . . . . .
NOTHING.
We are stranded. Hubby at work alone so he can not leave. Ex (college girl's poppa) also is at work. Wait there is Nessa and her hubby. My good neighbors. Sure enough a phone call and they come flying to our rescue. Love the super hero capes they keep for these occasions. We get the van home, go to a celebratory lunch out, get some chores done together (Nessa is feeling much much better) and I remember. What are friends for?
Being there.
Sharing happiness and aggravations.
Cheering you on and holding you up.
Knowing you and still liking you.
Accepting your help, advice (even when not asked) and listening to your concerns.
Thanks Nessa for being my friend, your DH for being my friend and your super kids for being my friends.
I called to check on my friend back home. Hoped she was feeling better. Guess so as she was out and could not answer her phone. Fingers crossed and will check on her today again.
*************************************************

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming by today! I love your reminder about friends...I'm glad you've got some good ones! (And how convenient that they have supercapes and all!) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by my blog to congratulate me on winning the goodies over at sunshine and lemonade! You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new here landed up searching blogs on resources on Self Esteem. cool blog you have here, keep it up. and its nice to be here. i'll be back some time later for more updates.Thanks for sharing with us....

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!