Times are Changing

Life is always in constant flux.  Changing in an ebb and flow, ups and downs, new routines along with old feelings.  We learn how to adapt as well as how to cope.  There are times that we are elated and others when we are stressed to the max.  And with it all, we grow in ways we never anticipated.

With that, I am too changing all the time. My newest day to day life is no longer that of a mid-life empty nester 55+ woman.  Instead, I am caring for my grandbabe daily which is very common for this portion of life.  I am loving having time with her as she explores.  It keeps me busy.  But added to that is my task and responsibilities to the members at church.  I like being helpful there supporting the other members.  Again, a normal part at this stage of life.

And.....I am also now the stand-in parent for 3 young ones.  11, 9 and 4 years old kiddos who are relatives placed in my care while the family is trying to get their life back on track.  This is not the norm at my age of life.  Having 3 children who are all in elementary school is very trying.  I am having to remember to be patient since I have long been more or less just doing what I wish and how I want for some time.  The oldest is very trying as she has many times pushed me to my limits as she is trying to find out what is the new norms for her life.  The other two are doing their best to just cope without knowing what is going to happen to them.

Now I do not know how long this is going to be for us.  But I am aware it will not end soon at all.  So, relearning how to be a parent and not a grandparent, aunt, friend, cousin, babysitter....but totally responsible all the time once again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!