Night Buddies, Fro-Yo and Adventure

Do you remember me sharing the Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake Recipe with you when I told you about  Night Buddies and the Pineapple Cheesecake Scare this last summer?  It is a book I shared with my Grandbabe TK.  Well the second book arrived and of course she has already snagged it.  This time we are off with Night Buddies: Impostors and One Far-Out Flying Machine.  I have to say this duo of the Red Crocodile Crosley and the young boy John do make for some high flying adventures.  And they never go without something amazing to eat.  This time they are stocked up on Crusted Creme Fro-Madge frozen yogurt.  I wonder how to make this one?


I have a local friend who is working on opening a Fro-Yo wagon called The Happy Shack.  I wonder if she could help me come up with a recipe for this concoction?  While I am working that one out let me share some highlights from Impostors and One Far-Out Flying Machine.


  • There is a special language that is outlined at the beginning of the book.  I loved working out puzzles and so does my grandbabe TK, so I know this will be a great hit with her.


  • These books start off with the duo sneaking out of the house with the I-ain't-here thingamajig that Crosley has.  Now sneaking out is not what kiddos need to do for sure.  But gosh I remember doing so as a kiddo so I could explore the backyard after dark.  Maybe this would be better if I set up a camp for the grandbabes this summer out back.  Bet they don't make it through the night though!


  • While John and Crosley are checking for the impostor crock, they hi-jack a flying machine.  My first encounter with flying machine was from a band by that name.  They had a hit song I loved called Smile a lil Smile for Me.  Wonder if this duo would like this song too?


Well I have thought it out and this would be my take on how to make 

Crusted Creme Fro-Madge frozen yogurt 


Ingredients

  • 12 cup whipped cream
  • 1 pt vanilla frozen yogurt
  • 2 tbsps sugar
  • 12 tbsp ground cinnamon
  • honey

Line a square cake pan with parchment paper. Using a 1 3/4-inch ice-cream scoop, make four balls of frozen yogurt, place on parchment, and transfer pan to freezer to harden for at least 1/2 hour. Take out frozen yogurt balls and cover in whipped cream.  Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Freeze again for 15 minutes.  Place each dessert ball on a dish and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.

Thanks so to Gail for sending me this one.  I know that Sands Hettherington has created a lifetime of stories with his family and am thankful he now shares with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!