CTR

Have you heard of the phrase "Choose The Right"?  Well it is something that I am hearing every week when I am helping teach my small primary class at church.  "Choose the right" is a saying among members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) that is taught to children and used by members of the church as a reminder to act righteously. The phrase is taken from an LDS hymn which has that title.  Personally my favorite line in the hymn is, "Let wisdom mark the way before.
In its light, choose the right!" 

I truly like that this is a way to help children know we all make our own path by our choices.  We all need to keep this in mind.  Weather it be the simple choice of putting a smile on our face to start the day or deeper in following the right course of action during the day.  The choice is always ours.  Some things are easy to discern on what to do.  But there are other issues that are harder to make a choice.  So much that weighs and influences our decisions.  Most often we are swayed by what others will think or believe.  When we should be looking inward and choosing to do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.  Weighing the choices by our beliefs and morals.  

Also, I like that this helps children to learn that in the choices we make, we grow.  It is this growth that helps form us into productive adults.  And that is the goal of all parents is to help their children grow up into loving families that will help guide the steps of the next generation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!