Scrub-a-licious

Granny M and I was able to attend a luncheon at our lil county museum.  There was our county extension agent teaching us how we can add in oatmeal to so much more of our meals.  Now being that oatmeal is one of my favorite foods, I am all for just eating it.  But honestly I had never thought of it being added into soups and such.  Hint...just run some thorough a food chopper and then use it in the soup and stews.  It comes out sorta like pearl barley does.  Very fulfilling and of course soaks up the flavors of the stew your making.  

My favorite of course was the pampering hand scrub.  One it just smells wonderful.  Two it makes me feel like I am getting to do something really special for myself.   It is really easy to do.
Just gather up the following items and makes some for yourself.

Cinnamon Oatmeal Scrub

  • 3/4 cup oats
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

  1. In a food processor, pulse oats until coarse sugar-like texture
  2. Heat coconut oil in sauce pan or in the microwave until it’s in a liquid form
  3. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
  4. Portion scrub out into individual jars
  5. Store in a cool place for up to three months

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!