e-Book Fever

For someone who spends way too much time in front of this screen I do all I can to get away from it.  Thus you can see why I am not a fan of e-books.  I have an e-reader but it is normally left at home due to my inattention.  So when I need to read a book that is only in this format I find myself at the screen.  So here is my mini rant.  It is not the book, story line, author or any such thing.  It is the format.  It hurts my eyes.  Short and sweet.  The glare from the screen is harsh on me.  I squint and stare trying to see properly.  I can not scan as fast as I can a regular print book either.  Speed reading is just out for me with an e-book.  

Now past all that I have been blessed with some really good reads in this format.  Louisiana Fever is just one of these.  It has taken me some time to read due to my inabilities spoken of above.  Forgive me D J Donaldson!  This is one down home watch out as it grabs you by the scruff of the neck mystery.  Yeah, really good.  I would tell you grab a copy of the book and hide in your best reading spot so your not disturbed.  Donaldson has a unique writing style that not only shows the knowledge of his story line but shares a voice that you know. It is the voice of your neighbor down the street, the local grocer or even you dad sharing his wise advice.  Here let me give you the outline too.

Andy Broussard, the plump and proud New Orleans medical examiner, obviously loves food.  Less apparent to the casual observer is his hatred of murderers. Together with his gorgeous sidekick, psychologist Kit Franklyn, the two make a powerful, although improbable, mystery solving duo.
When the beautiful Kit goes to meet an anonymous stranger—who’s been sending her roses—the man drops dead at her feet before she even could even get his name. Game on.
Andy Broussard soon learns that the man carried a lethal pathogen similar to the deadly Ebola virus.  Soon, another body turns up with the same bug. Panic is imminent as the threat of pandemic is more real than ever before. The danger is even more acute, because the carrier is mobile, his identity is an absolute shocker, he knows he’s a walking weapon and… he’s on a quest to find Broussard. And Kit isn’t safe either. When she investigates her mystery suitor further, she runs afoul of a cold blooded killer, every bit as deadly as the man searching for Broussard.
Thanks for sharing with me.  I loved the book.  Next time do what you can to send me a physical copy though.  It really does feel better in the hand than squinting at a screen.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!