Mint To Be

I just have to share out mint haul from my friend Fran.

I wanted you to see the 'bulls eye' bag because originally all of the mint stalks where crammed in it.  Over flowing out the top like it looks now in the paper bag.  Half of it (in the paper bag) is going to Other Mother's to see if she can root.  Also to harvest at home.  The other half was harvested for our house.


Yes, we put a spoon by the bowl so you could get an idea of how much was there.  I have since put it in small snack bags and put them in the freezer.  So what am I going to do with all of this?

Home brewed Mint Green Tea

  • 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
  • 3 green tea bags
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 4 cups boiling water
Combine mint leaves, tea bags, honey and boiling water. Let steep for 5 minutes; remove tea bags. Refrigerate until chilled. Divide among 4 large ice-filled glasses

Cucumber Lime Mint Smoothie

  • 2 Cups Peeled, Diced  Cucumber
  • 1/2 Lime (Juice)
  • Fresh Mint leaves minced finely (I used about 5, depends on your taste)
  • 2 cans of Lemon Lime soda
  1. Mix all and pour into a metal baking dish.
  2. Freeze til set
  3. Use a fork to 'rake' up the icee and serve.  

Peaches with Mint Syrup
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
  • 4 peaches
  1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil. Add mint. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
  2. Transfer syrup to a small metal bowl and let sit until cool, about 10 minutes.
  3. While syrup cools, cut peaches into wedges or chunks and divide among 4 plates or shallow bowls. Drizzle with cooled mint syrup to taste. Garnish with mint leaves, if you like, and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!