I am so happy that Rescue! W-H-Y sent me a trap to keep us safer these stinging lil buggers. This arrived in the mail today. Right before the storms hit us. Yes, I took it out and was showing it to Granny M when there was a loud bang. The heavens had opened up and sent a lighting bolt to the electric transformer across the street from us! OH! It was so loud. Of course we were plunged into darkness. Dear Hubby was Johnny on the spot with his lil flashlight. So Granny M and I looked over the W-H-Y Trap for Wasps, Hornets and Yellowjackets. We will be putting it up tomorrow when we have daylight to see by. In the meantime let me tell you all the ins and outs of it.
The W·H·Y Trap has a top chamber and a bottom chamber. The top chamber is baited with two attractants -- one of which is a solid contained in a vial, and the other a liquid mixed with water. The bottom chamber is baited with a liquid attractant poured onto a cotton pad. Wasps, hornets and yellowjackets have two ways to enter: either through the top cap, or through the holes in the bottom cap.
- Double-chambered design restricts insects from escaping
- Durable construction holds up for multiple seasons
- Attractant will not lure beneﬁcial honeybees
- Catches workers from summer through fall
- Catches queens in spring before they build nests
- First and only trap to capture Paper Wasps, Bald-faced Hornets and European Hornets
- Two-week attractant kit included
- No extra food bait required
Once inside the trap, the insects cannot ﬂy out and die either by drowning (top chamber) or dehydration (bottom chamber).