Fine Art or Play Art?

Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, 1895
Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, 1895 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Today I was thrilled to visit the DMA to see the Posters of Paris: Toulouse-
Lautrec and His Contemporaries exhibit.  I have always been a big fan of Toulouse-Lautrec.  It will be showing into January so I am hoping to return with Dear Hubby so he too can see this.  

After the exhibit there was tables set up so you could make your own rendition poster in the same art form as the posters seen in Paris during the 1870's.  It was where you could trace off portions of famous posters.  I used the one above as part of my template.  Then added some of my own flair.  What do you think?  It was fun to get to play for a lil while.  We all forget that sometimes sitting down and drawing or doodling is just what we need to do!

It makes me think of the book I have here on my desk.  The Art of Silliness by Carla Sonheim.  It is a book so you can take 10 minutes a day to draw, doodle and play.  I promise you in 10 minutes you will have found that your smiling, relaxed and have ramped up your mind.  I will show you next month some of the things I have doodled!  Oh and I am going to do a giveaway too, so watch for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!