Viewing Favorites

The Wizard of OZ was one of my all time favorite movies growing up.  Seeing the screen turn from the greys of black and white to majestic colors was like magic.  Of course this was after we finally had a color TV.  Who has not dreamed of running away to a magical place to escape their worries.  More so who has not sang at the top of their lungs with Judy Garland in hopes that with three lil clicks of their heels life would be restored.

Well we also know that Frank Baum continued the series of OZ books.  There was also the Wiz play version.  Now we can see an adaptation of what it would be like if OZ cam to us?  To have the Tin Man and Scarecrow seek out Dorthy in Kansas.  You can see it on DVD as of August 7th.  Here is a lil preview for you.  Think you will be ready for this one?  I know I am at the edge of my seat.

AFTER THE WIZARD is a heartfelt, often humorous and always entertaining story about what happens when the Scarecrow and the Tin Woodman set out for Kansas in a hot air balloon, seeking help from their friend Dorothy. That’s where 12-year-old orphan Elizabeth comes in. Like millions of girls her age, she has read the beloved novel on which the original story is based countless times. But unlike other girls, Elizabeth believes she is Dorothy—and maybe she actually is. With this story about adventure, friendship and imagination, writer-director HUGH GROSS creates a film that will live in the hearts of viewers forever! 
 
This may not be the same line of thought for most but for me (with a mind that jumps like a cricket) it does.  Have you seen Perception yet?  It is a new drama series on TNT this summer.  As After the Wizard makes me look at the story line of OZ in a new way, that is just what happens in Perception.  I love that the main character is not only an eccentric science professor (can you say Nerd?) but that he also is a paranoid schizophrenic.  Gosh a man with flaws.  But with his mental condition  he has a skewed way of looking at life and it is just that view point that helps him see how things fit together.  This started the first part of July and I so hope it comes back next season too.  Now here is my other lil bit of nerd girl love.  LeVar Burton (yes Star Trek and Reading Rainbow fame) has a recurring part.  You know I am parked on TNT Monday nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!