Pride & Joy

Today my girl moved into her first apartment.  I am so happy for her.  She is so excited.  Who can blame her. 

We had wonderful strong men to help get her things upstairs.  Poppa, Dear Hubby and Daniel really did beat the 100+ heat to make sure she was all set up.  I can't thank them enough.

Now for what got to me today.  It was that Unkie was not here to help.  Unkie can not see the woman JD is now.  Unkie can now share his pride or joy with her anymore.  It tears at my heart so that she is missing such an important man in her life.

I can never tell you really who he was.  Or what he meant to JD.  But he was more than a friend.  Better than an honorary uncle.  Unkie was able to lift JD up and share a world with her that formed her future.  He is the one who introduced and foster the love of theater, books and knowledge.  I wish I could open up the heavens and let him see her for just one more moment.

Who do you want to share that one more time, one more day, one more smile with?  What would you tell them?  How would you present the day to them?  I think of this pretty often.  Chicken Soup for the Soul: Messages from Heaven has helped me imagine how this could happen.  There are stories that share love from family members that others feel are around them still.  In these I dream of reconnecting with my family and friends that I have lost.  And there dreams of a lil less of the pain and heartache seem to ebb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!