It Is Time For ME!

I posted my 20 for 12 the other day.  Today I was looking over that list again.  Do you know what I missed?  


ME!


Yes, I totally missed out on making time for me as a goal.  Did you do that one this year?  Do you need to?


Well it seems I am just like every other woman on this planet and I forget to make my time important.  It runs sorta like this.
Astronomical ClockImage by astronomy_blog via Flickr
Any where from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m. I wake up.  Try to be very quiet so every one else can sleep.  This is online time or reading time.  But not up and moving around the house time.


5 a.m. to 8 a.m. is when I help get Dear Hubby ready and out the door.  Get hot tea for Granny M.  Brew two pots of coffee for the morning Coffee Clutch.  Do any dishes from the night before, sweep and mop, feed the pets, put the dogs outside for the morning, make the bed and start laundry.


8 a.m. til 10 a.m is usually spent with our daily Coffee Clutch.  May eat a bit, for sure drink our lovely java and almost always play games.  Let the animals in and out again.


10 a.m. til 12 p.m. I finish off the laundry and put it up, make lunch for Dear Hubby and Granny M, clean the dog yard, let the dogs in for a bit, gather mail and organize it, pick a room to deep clean of dusting, polishing furniture and washing windows.  Let the animals in and out again.


12 p.m. til 1 p.m.  LUNCH!


1 p.m. til 4 p.m.  Crazed Mind.  Blog, catch up on email, answer request for reviews, follow up with facebook and twitter.  Also pay any bills, do my email and snail mail for friends and family.  


4 p.m. til 5 p.m. Fix dinner, normally all from scratch.  I like it that way and so does my family.  Not to often with the quick meals around here.  Let the pets in and out again.


5 p.m. til 9 p.m. Dinner, time with Dear Hubby, play games on Wii with family, play cards with family or watch TV with family.  Yes....my evening are all for the family.  Our time.


9 p.m. Let animals out and in again.  I get ready for bed and lay down with a book.  I always read before bed.


Now my day is not taxing at all. I like the way it flows.  But I do not make time for just me in there.  I am doing for my family or for my blog or for the pets....all the time.  So why not a bit of time every day for me.  Where I can do my bubble baths or paint my toe nails or dance wildly in the living room.  What ever makes me happy for 30 minutes or an hour.  Would that be so bad?  No!


Okay....so how do I instill this goal.  Well you know me.  I of course have a book to help me learn a new habit that will make me a happier lady.  "A Princess and Her Garden" is a guide and journal that will help me learn how to stop putting every one and every thing else first.  I can become the Queen of Myself instead of the Princess for Other People.  It is written like a fable to help share the support of setting boundaries and learning how to include myself in my thoughts and actions.  The journal is a wonderful addition to the story.  


The guided Journal has four sections:
  • THEN: How and why you learned to care for the gardens of other people in the past.
  • THE IN-BETWEEN: Focusing on the way in which you left your childhood, or a particular phase of your life.
  • NOW: Taking a good look at the present and deciding what you want to change in order to take charge of your life today.
  • FROM NOW ON: Planning and affirming your approach to make sure that your garden continues to be well cared for and protected the rest of your life.

Well I am thankful I have a new tool to help me become a better me.  This was sent to me from a wonderful company, PR by the Book.  I love working with Tolly for she seems to always know just what I am looking for.  

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to get time in for ourselves. I seem to get mine after I go to bed when I am reading until midnight or later. I can't sit much so I am up and down constantly so when I get in bed at night it's the best time for that.

    If I would get into the habit of getting up and drinking a pot of coffee in the morning, I would have tons of energy because the caffeine definitely will not allow me to sit. lol *light bulb I must try that. lol

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!