81 or 18

Well here in the middle of our week we are pulling out all the stops.  Why?  Well to celebrate my Mom-in-law's birthday.  She is 81 but acts much younger.  Having fought her way through strokes (using only 1/3 of her heart), knee replacement (on both knees) and a myriad of falls and illnesses, she just keeps skipping along.  This week alone she has ran a booth for the teens of her church at Pow Wow.  She is the teacher for the teens.  
;Ran across the state to visit the doctor and a granddaughter who was in a horrid car accident.  (She is going to be okay, Thank God!)  And today, will get to sit at my dining table and eat in her favorite way.  By picking at this and that.  Yeah, I love that she loves to 'graze' through a meal.  So I made nothing but finger foods so we can just pick away.  And of course talk, giggle and sing Happy Birthday.  My mom-in-law is not slowing down so we decided to just re celebrate her 18th birthday instead!

I am glad to see that my mom-in-law keeps looking at life with a spunky attitude.  And that she can stay in touch with the youth so well.  What will drive Dear Hubby and I up the wall just makes her chuckle, pat us on the shoulder and say "Why that is the way of youth today.  Let it roll off your back."  We eventually see it is not worth all of our upset and sure enough let it 'roll off our backs'.    She is so excited to see all the family this weekend too.  It is our annual family reunion that Dear Hubby and I 'host' at the lake.  A great time to visit, watch the kiddos play and eat fantastic food.  We also have a white elephant auction, door prizes and a quilt raffle.

Our grandbabes are going to be here too.  And as Landon would say....he wants to fight the kids.  That means play fencing on the Wii.  Well that copy of Wii Sports Resort is getting pretty damaged.  So instead we are going to play with a new set of kids.  I have the newly released DVD of Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Yo Ho, Mateys Away!, a DVD packed full with seven episodes from the series and two incredible bonus features including Yo Ho, You Want To Be A Pirate?, where Jake teaches viewers how to talk like a pirate, and Pirate Party With Pirate-oke, a collection of music videos performed by The Never Land Pirate Band that allow viewers to enjoy with or without the sing-along/karaoke-like feature.  It will be fun to also sing and dance to the Cd of songs included. The album features a variety of songs that kids and parents can enjoy together. Songs include the kooky, comical "Hot Lava," “Aw Coconuts,” "Pirate Password,” and the arrrghhh-rated “Talk Like a Pirate.” Some songs refer to popular characters in the show, such as “What’s Cookin’ Smee,” "Captain Hook (Is A Cranky Crook)," “Tick Tock Croc” and “Bucky’s Shanty.” Others capture the island spirit of Never Land, such as “Castaway on Pirate Island," "Shipwreck Shuffle" and "Never Sky," as well as the "Jake and the Never Land Pirates" theme song. All songs can be heard in episodes of the show.  Oh and best yet, there is a eye patch too.  So we can all swagger around and look like a pirate too!

It is all going to be a fun week and weekend.  Well it is time for me to dash.  I know we still have plenty of goodies in the fridge to nibble on.  And there has to be some cake left somewhere.  Thanks to Disney Junior for sharing the DVD with me.  Gosh I am so lucky!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kiddo! Did I have you thinking I had fallen off the "grid"? Nope, just been sick.

    I like the new look of your blog. Got tired of Pink? LOL! Anyway, just wanted to let your know I have been thinking about you. Tell "mom" hi and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! She was looking pretty spunky when I saw her at the store the last time. I hope I can be that spry when I reach her age!

    Oh! If you want, check out my blog. I'm having a Devotional Book Give-away. Last day to enter is Thursday.

    God Bless,
    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I sure sounded silly in that last comment about the pink, now didn't I? I don't know why I didn't realize there is still a lot of pink in your header. I'm still not back to par. I guess my observation isn't either.

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!