Sugar to Melt For

Well hello folks!  Today has been one for travel and food.  What a great combination.  We popped over to Hico Texas which is about an hours drive.  Granny M and Our Gentleman joined Dear Hubby and I.  What a wonderful meal we all had.  Just had to gush over it.

At the Koffee Kup in Hico, home of the best homemade pies in Texas, we all pigged out.  Between chicken liver dinners that was over flowing to blue cheese burgers and homemade beef stew, it was not long before we were all full.  Filled up two large to go plates of food for our dinner tonight.  But we were not going to give up on the pies.

I had to have the Banana Blueberry Cheesecake Pie.  Dear Hubby did the Doctor's Office and Our Gentleman had Peanut Butter Pie.  Granny M was just too stuffed to eat another bite but we ordered a Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pie anyway.  Well slices of each I mean.  Oh my goodness!  Heaven.

Then we walked across the street to Wiseman House.  This is some of the best truffles I have ever tasted.  Oh the Wild Woman and Dark Chocolate Rufus are to die for.  Add in fresh Cinnamon Coffee!  Yes, more and more.  But I am a sucker for all the yummies.  I love when we get the chance to visit here.  What a beautiful home it is anyway.  But to open the door to all the lovely chocolate.  It is a candy store for adults!  Well we were more than dying but kept the chocolates for when we are at home.  What a treat.

So then it was the trip back home.  But wait, wait, we had to make a stop in Dublin, Texas, Home of Dr. Pepper!  Besides being the oldest Dr Pepper bottler in the world, Dublin Dr Pepper also has the distinction of being bottled with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar - the original Dr Pepper formula. And at Old Doc's Soda Shoppe we had to order us a Frosty Pepper each.  This is to die for ice cream malts. Frosty Peppers combine the flavor of vanilla ice cream with Dr. Pepper syrup to create a malt.  Well we finally made it back home.  And Dear Hubby laid down for a diabetic induced nap.  It will be needed as tonight we are visiting with a friend for her Birthday Cake and Ice Cream.  Oh what a sugar filled day.

Hey better news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  READY?  If you cross your fingers, eyes, knees and toes.......it looks like we are going to get a window a/c unit in our bedroom.  Oh and then finally....finally....maybe....I will finally get to cool off!  Everyone....help me wish this one in......I am so needing the relief!

Oh and  today is National Sugar Cookie Day!

1 comment:

  1. Does this mean that you will no longer be sleeping on the bed on the porch? I just cannot imagine sleeping out there in the heat. I love camping and sleeping with the windows open and enjoying the night air but when the humidity gets up and the sheets start sticking to you that is enough for me. But then maybe in Texas you don't have all the humidity like we do here in Ohio. I will keep my fingers crossed for you so that you can enjoy a good nights sleep.

    Peanut butter pie, yummy!! And Dr Pepper all in one day! Be still my belly!

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!