Pleasing the Grandbabes

What do you do with two grandbabes in a hot house with only one a/c in the bedroom?  Well you hide in that room all day long.  Thankfully it is only for a couple of days before we go to dog/house sit for a friend.  Where we get to play in the a/c play room upstairs and cool off in the UN-heated hot tub.  Whwe....it will be wonderful.

But in the meantime we are playing Wii, doing puzzles and watching videos.  This week we are going between two very different shows.  For my Grandson we have Season One of Conan the Adventurer.  Inspired by the Conan the Barbarian stories written by Robert E. Howard.  I love this as we celebrate Robert E. Howard days in the lil town of Cross Plains next to where we live.  I find this is a great way to introduce stories to him at such a young age.  It will be great in his preteen years when I start sharing the books Conan the Barbarian.  Have you use videos and comic books as a way to introduce books to your kiddos?  Well this is a fun series of comics from the 1980's that my Grandson is yelling for more already.

Ont he flip side my Granddaughter is loving the songs in VeggieTales Princess and the Pop Star.  With a singalong and learning how important it is to be ourselves.  This is a winner of a show.  I love seeing the kiddos dancing all around my room.  But had to stop them at bouncing on the bed.  VeggieTales has been her since my College Girl was a pre-teen.  A hit then and still going strong. I am so thankful these two DVD's arrived in the mail.  They have been a lifesaver.  I have to say thanks to Shout Factory and Big Idea Entertainment for sending these two DVD's for me to review.  The grandbabes are having a blast with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!