Shaklee Corporation. They were adoring host to 10 bloggers for a beautiful spa weekend. And of everything that happened the very best part was the way I was treated. Not the have to be nice to you. But the genuine respect given to me that I have only received from my closest family and friends.
So, I flew out of Dallas, Texas to San Francisco, California. The first neat part was since another blogger and myself had early flights we were treated to a sight seeing tour of San Francisco.
Boudin Bakery for a quick bite to eat. I resisted and resisted and finally had a cookie. Yes, just a cookie. Yeah me!
Shaklee headquarters and lunch. I have to tell you so much there....that I think it will be a story unto it self. Will say three things though.
- 9 Strong Amazing Women Bloggers.
- A company that believes and follows through on commitment to the earth and all of it's creatures.
- Support staff that truly believe in helping each other.
Solage Calistoga Spa that evening for dinner and to check in. Oh my, we all need to move to a spa to live. Beautiful is not the beginning of the description. This was just the view from my private room. Rooms that made you breath in relaxation. Spa treatments (I had the mud bath!), wonderful meals and the most lush grounds ever. Also I have to say there were good looking men everywhere. Oh so easy on the eyes. And if you paused at mud bath, dear heart, this was not a wallow around in the slop....it was a velvety smooth mud made from volcanic ash, natural spring waters and essential oils. Better than the best lotions for your skin. Top it off with a long soak in the tub and a musical massage. Your body is humming contentment afterwards.
Hall Winery was more than I ever bargained for. Artwork all over the place. I took tons of photos there. Especially loved the sculpture of the two enjoying a glass of wine together.
Bottega restaurant ran by Chef Michael Chiarello. You may have watched him on Top Chef Masters, the Food Network’s Easy Entertaining, Fine Living, and PBS. Our meal consisted of some of the following.
- Insalata del Bosco Organic greens, balsamic vinaigrette, sliced pear, candied hazelnuts, Pecorino
- Organic Prosciutto "house cured," pasta fritta
- Crispy Potato Gnocchi, baby vegetables, English pea-meyer lemon fonduta, & 11 month Valley Ford Montasio
- Pan roasted halibut alla Barcaiola with creamy soft polenta & heirloom tomatoes
- Olive oil carrot torta, carrot golden raisin salad, mascarpone crema
An amazing once in a life time trip in my opinion. Opportunity to have experiences that leave my head reeling once I figured out how unattainable the products were that went into the making of this experience. Thankful beyond words.