Spontaneity is in the Bag

Summer fun is coming up.  We are gearing up around here for time with our grandbabes, Princess Emma and the great nieces and nephews to visit.  Of course we do not have kiddos in the house every day so there are a few things we need to plan for.  Along with lil road trips that we will get to do from time to time.  I have been so lucky as to have some great ideas shared with me.  So of course, I am going to share with you too. 

First I loved getting a spontaneity bag ready for the car. Convert a hanging travel cosmetic case into a case full of fun and hang it from the seat back in front of the kids’ seats.  We filled it with travel packs of crayons, coloring books, mini toys (like from the fast food joints), snacks that can handle hanging in the car and bottles of water with sports tops on them.  Some of the snacks I included were Twizzlers Candy or Twizzlers Nibs Candy since they are one of our favorite non fat candies.  There are also Lances Peanut Butter and Cheese Cracker packages too.   I have to giggle as I have seen the grandbabes trying to make different 'works of art' with the pull n peel Twizzlers.  Have you ever done this?

I also have short day trip ideas on a note pad in the glove box.  There are kites in the trunk along with some great kick balls.  I have looked up online all the different things we can do in this area.  So yes, there is the local park.  But we can also do the lake for a day swim trip.  Pop over to a local dairy to see how it works and they also make cheese there.  We have a several big game sites in this area too where we can see wild animals that are uncommon for the area.

Parenting expert Colleen Burns was kind enough to talk to me recently.  It was even video taped.  So I will let you see her great tips for yourself.  She was willing to answer my questions for simple games and outdoor activities on a budget.  Colleen also explain how to prepare a “spontaneity bag” for spur-of-the-moment summer fun and she  gave tips for getting my kiddos out into nature whether it’s in the backyard, the neighborhood or off the beaten path.  Thankfully we currently have all the grass out of our front yard.  So it is a massive dig site for the kids.  Tons of buckets and shovels are on the porch with the ever present sidewalk chalk and bubble toys.

Here is Colleen.  Yes, that is my funny twangy voice on the phone with her.  If you want to try and win your own Lance sponsored Spontaneity Bag, pop over and share your own tips with them.


By the way I am entering a contest for a Twizzlers Landmark Summer promotion prize pack as a member of the Mom Bloggers Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!