Random Tuesday Recipes is a take off on The Un Mom's Random Tuesday Thoughts. Since it is colder than a witches....un-used cauldron, I thought I would heat the house up by doing some cooking. And since I had some help with friends from Yoplait than it made it that much easier to do. I will start off with dessert as everyone loves to eat it first anyway.
Prep Time: 20 min
Start to Finish: 1 hr 50 min
Makes: 12 servings
1 bag (12 oz) dark chocolate chips (2 cups)
1 container (6 oz) Yoplait® Original 99% Fat Free raspberry yogurt
6 Nature Valley® roasted almond crunchy granola bars (3 pouches from 8.9-oz box), finely crushed (heaping 1 cup)*
1 cup egg whites (about 7)
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fat-free half-and-half
2 teaspoons raspberry-flavored syrup (for coffee drinks) or red raspberry syrup (for pancakes)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Fresh raspberries, if desired
Fresh mint leaves, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom of 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; line bottom with parchment paper. Spray paper and side of pan with cooking spray.
2. Reserve 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips for glaze; place remaining chips in medium microwavable bowl (or place in top of double boiler). Stir in yogurt until chips are coated. Microwave on High in 1-minute increments, stirring after each, until chips are completely melted (or heat in double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently, until melted). Stir in crushed granola bars and egg whites until well blended. Pour batter into pan.
3. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until side of torte has risen and center is shiny but firm when touched (if center rises, torte has been overbaked). Cool in pan on wire rack, about 30 minutes (as torte cools, side will pull away from pan and torte will slightly sink). Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
4. In small microwavable bowl, microwave reserved 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the half-and-half on High in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until chips are melted. Cool slightly, about 2 minutes.
5. Place wire rack upside down over pan; turn rack and pan over. Remove pan and parchment paper. Pour chocolate mixture over torte; spread over top and side. Slide torte onto serving plate.
6. In small bowl, mix syrup and sugar. Place in small resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and cut tiny hole in one bottom corner. Drizzle over top of torte in spiral pattern; gently run toothpick back and forth through spiral pattern to feather. Refrigerate until glaze is set and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes.
7. Before serving, garnish tray and/or individual dessert plates with raspberries and mint. Cut torte into wedges with warm, dry knife, cleaning knife between cuts. Store torte in refrigerator.
Well since we have that out of the way, let's go on to appetizers.
Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:10 min
Makes: 8 servings (2 tablespoons dip each)
2 cups Yoplait® All Natural Fat Free plain yogurt (from 2-lb container)
1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise or salad dressing
2 tablespoons Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
2 tablespoons chopped tomato
Pita chips, tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
Mix first 5 ingredients. Top with chopped tomato. Serve with chips or vegetables for dipping.
Make-Ahead: Make the dip up to a day ahead, cover and refrigerate. Top with tomato just before serving.
Success: Pita chips or fresh veggies, such as baby carrots, sugar snap peas, or grape tomatoes would make great dippers.
Kitchen Tip: To make pita chips, broil buttered wedges of pita bread 4 to 6 inches from heat for 2 to 4 minutes, turning once.
My Blog Spark is sponsoring a giveaway for Yoplait Delights. The winner will get a package Yoplait Delights “Indulgent Escape” gift pack that includes a Chocolate scented votive candle, insulated tote and aromatherapy eye pillow. Oh all we need for a lil mommy rest and relaxation, right!
How do you win. Well by leaving comments of course. So here is the comments I am looking for.
1st comment is to me....on do you enjoy yogurt? How? Any tips, recipes, info, kids to eat it ideas?
Next do any of the following and come back and leave a comment that you have done them. One entry for each activity. It all seems to be a win win situation here.
You can visit My Blog Spark to download a printable coupon for $0.50 towards the purchase of Yoplait Delights parfait yogurt today!
Don’t forget to visit Yoplait on Facebook or Yoplait on Twitter and “Like” or “Follow” the brand to keep up with their latest and greatest products.
Yoplait is giving away one million free cups of Yoplait Original! Visit Yoplait on Facebook page to sign up to receive a free cup of Yoplait Original yogurt to help celebrate their newly reformulated Yoplait Original yogurt now has two times the calcium of the leading yogurt with 50 percent of the Daily Value in every cup. I will announce a winner in a week.
I was lucky to have My Blog Spark and Pssst share with me for this giveaway. Yoplait and My Blog Spark have provided me with product information, a coupon, and a Yoplait Delights prize pack to giveaway to one of my readers I did receive a gift pack to help with this too. That is how I know the candle smells so good and that the yogurt was so tasty. I got to try them out myself. YUM!