Movie Weekend Coming Up

We all know that it is holiday time. But we can also get holiday-ed out if we do not watch out. So we are having a holiday free weekend.  Sounds "Grinchy" I am sure but this way we are not going to choke the tar out of the next person wishing us a Merry Christmas or singing Jingle Bells.  In our home movie night is a much honored indulgence.  And this time it was my choice of movies.  So I went for a theme---a girls theme.

No I did not do all romance!  Nor did I shove pretty things all down Dear Hubby's throat.  Instead I went with a very strong female actress.  Also we showed some movies that College Girl had never seen.  This is our all Cher:  The Film Collection weekend!  With a 6 film collection there are 3 movies for Saturday and 3 movies for Sunday.  This gives us time to have meals in between shows too.  So what 6 films do we have?

  • Good Times (1967)  This one actually has Sonny and Cher starring together.
  • Chasity (1969)  No this is not about their daughter but was written and produced by Sonny Bono.
  • Silkwood (1983) With Meryl Streep this was nominated for 5 Academy Awards.
  • Moonstruck (1987)  Delightful with hunk Nicolas Cake and sassy Olympia Dukakis.
  • Mermaids (1990)  Cher with youngsters Winona Ryder and Christina Ricci making an incredible family.
  • Tea with Mussolini (1999)  Beauty in WWII can be had after all.

This is an amazing collection.  I felt that the cost of $49.98 for all 6 movies was more than fair.  That is only $8.33 a movie.  A lot cheaper than a matinee movie would be for the three of us.  I love Cher and feel she has grown so.  Providing a strong leading lady from her early days of music with Sonny. Was you a fan of Cher?  What is your favorite movie she was in.  Yes, I am sad that Mask is not part of this collection.  It is my all time favorite Cher movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!