No I did not do all romance! Nor did I shove pretty things all down Dear Hubby's throat. Instead I went with a very strong female actress. Also we showed some movies that College Girl had never seen. This is our all Cher: The Film Collection weekend! With a 6 film collection there are 3 movies for Saturday and 3 movies for Sunday. This gives us time to have meals in between shows too. So what 6 films do we have?
- Good Times (1967) This one actually has Sonny and Cher starring together.
- Chasity (1969) No this is not about their daughter but was written and produced by Sonny Bono.
- Silkwood (1983) With Meryl Streep this was nominated for 5 Academy Awards.
- Moonstruck (1987) Delightful with hunk Nicolas Cake and sassy Olympia Dukakis.
- Mermaids (1990) Cher with youngsters Winona Ryder and Christina Ricci making an incredible family.
- Tea with Mussolini (1999) Beauty in WWII can be had after all.
This is an amazing collection. I felt that the cost of $49.98 for all 6 movies was more than fair. That is only $8.33 a movie. A lot cheaper than a matinee movie would be for the three of us. I love Cher and feel she has grown so. Providing a strong leading lady from her early days of music with Sonny. Was you a fan of Cher? What is your favorite movie she was in. Yes, I am sad that Mask is not part of this collection. It is my all time favorite Cher movie.