So now I can be at home and still work out. I love the jogging the most. I feel like it is something that can help me build up my cardio while helping me stay in a routine of working out. College Girl loves the yoga the best. She has been taking classes this fall in school. Dear Hubby just loves that I am happy!
Well now I have a new fitness game to try and learn. It is Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2011. I am sure it is going kick my butt to start out. I am a beginner on any level. But having 'someone' to workout with helps, even if it is on my Wii. I love that there are over 100 fitness tips there and even recipes! Yeah! Food. It is even cooler that by working out I am working on an adventure too. There is a mission mode that features a work out to save the city. Pretty cool? I also have myWii Balance Board and Wii Motion Plus here already too. I thought I would share 10 of Jillian Michaels Fitness Tips with you. Which ones do you like?
Jillian Michaels: Fitness Ultimatum 2011 - 10 Fitness Tips
1. Exercise does more than just tone your body, it boosts self esteem, improves mood and revs up metabolism. So suck it up and get moving!
2. If you are looking to shed those last stubborn pounds, you need to increase the intensity of your workouts. Try working at 85% of your Maximum Heart Rate for optimal results.
3. Getting bored with that same old exercise routine? Chances are you body is too. It’s probably time to switch things up if you want to continue seeing results.
4. Using proper form when working out is the key to getting the results you want and preventing injuries. Think quality over quantity. Take the time to perfect your form in order to get the results you want and keep your body healthy and strong.
5. Do not exercise on an empty stomach. This way you’ll have energy during your workouts and you will burn fat instead of muscle.
6. Don’t over do it. When starting out consult your physician. Work to beginner / intermediate levels. Stay at around 70% of your MHR. IN a couple of weeks or so as you become stronger and more fit begin to up your intensity for best results.
7. For results fast try circuit training. This is an exercise technique that utilizes a series of moves in swift succession with no rest in between. For example: Push ups into squats followed by jumping jacks. This method allows your workouts to strengthen while burning fat at the same time.
8. To ramp up your fitness regimen try incorporating a technique called HIIT or High Intensity Interval Training. This simply means working short bouts (30 seconds, 60 seconds, 90 seconds, 2 minutes) of cardio into your strength training routine.
9. Six pack abs are not about crunches. You simply CAN NOT spot reduce fat. The best way to get the washboard tummy is by burning the fat off on top of the muscle with a combination of diet, cardio, and over all resistance training.
10. When you are on the treadmill don’t hold on. If you hold on while walking or jogging it decreases the intensity thus decreasing your calorie burn by up to 24%!
I want to thank Nintendo Wii and Jilliam Michaels for sharing this game with me. I did not receive any monetary payment.