Pie and Fish, but not Fish Pie

Happy Peanut Butter PieImage by karenchu121 via Flickr

I had to dip into the kids snacks today. You see I am working on a real easy peanut butter pie for dessert. But I did not have a graham cracker crust or any graham crackers to make one with. So I improvised.

I stole their cookies. Yeah I know I shouldn't but I just really wanted to make this pie but not run to the store. So instead I crunched up iced animal cookies, some coconut cookies and vanilla wafers. These I mixed with butter and a lil cinnamon and sugar. This I pressed into my pie shells and then chilled for my pie shell.

The pie itself is pretty easy.

Peanut Butter Pie

3/4 C creamy peanut butter

8 oz of whipped cream cheese

1 C powder sugar

1 tub (8 oz) frozen whipped topping (thawed)

and my pie shell.

Beat peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar til smooth. Fold into whipped topping. Then just pour into the pie shell. You can top it with chopped peanuts or some chocolate syrup. Pop in to the fridge and chill til dinner.

Here are some of the ways I am going to do fish sticks for lunch for the lil ladies during Lent. Thought they might help out. Thanks to Van de Kamp’s® or Mrs. Paul’s® for sending me these ideas.

Try these no-fuss recipes as a great way to get kids “hooked” on fish:

CRUNCHY FISH STICKS OVER MAC & CHEESE Serves 2

Ingredients:

4 Van de Kamp’s® or Mrs. Paul’s® Fish Sticks, baked & chopped

1 box, Macaroni & Cheese (use your favorite)

1 tablespoon, milk

1 tablespoon, butter

1 tablespoon ketchup

1 small tomato, diced

Directions: Bake the fish sticks according to package. Boil the macaroni until desired doneness. Strain and move to large mixing bowl. Mix cheese sauce, milk, butter, ketchup and tomatoes with the macaroni. Chop up Fish Sticks. In 2 bowls, evenly divide the macaroni and cheese, then top with the chopped fish sticks.

SWEET & SALTY FISH STICK LETTUCE CUPS Yields 4 Lettuce Cups

Ingredients:

8 Van de Kamp’s® or Mrs. Paul’s® Fish Sticks, baked and chopped

4 Iceberg Lettuce Leaves, use ones that are more cupped shaped

2 tablespoons honey

2 tablespoons soy sauce

Directions: Bake the fish sticks according to package or until heated through and crispy. Wash the Iceberg lettuce leaves and pat dry. In a medium mixing bowl, add the honey and soy sauce. Mix together and then add the fish sticks. Coat well. Fill the lettuce cups with the fish stick filling.

FISH STICK SANDWICH WITH SPICY KETCHUP

Serves 2

Ingredients:

6 Van de Kamp’s® or Mrs. Paul’s® Fish Sticks, baked

4 slices of bread or bun, use your favorite

1 tablespoon hot sauce

1 tablespoon ketchup

2 slices Cheddar cheese

1 small tomato, sliced

Directions: Bake the fish sticks according to package or until heated through and crispy. Toast the bread slices. In a small bowl, mix the hot sauce and ketchup together. Spread equally on the bread slices. Now build your sandwiches. Add the 3 fish sticks, cheese and tomato slices. Plate and serve.

FISH STICK MELTS

Yields 2 Melts

Ingredients:

6 Van de Kamp’s® or Mrs. Paul’s® Fish Sticks, baked

2 slices of bread (use your favorite)

1 tablespoon mayonnaise

1 tablespoon relish

2 slices Jack cheese

Directions: Bake the fish sticks according to package or until heated through and crispy. Keep toaster on. Lay bread slices flat. Mix the mayonnaise and relish together and spread evenly onto both slices. Add 3 fish sticks to each slice, line up side by side. Lay a piece of cheese over each set of fish sticks. Bake until bread is crispy and cheese is melted.

For the times when a quick fix is what you’re looking for, here are some easy tricks you can use:

  • Topper: Chop up Van de Kamp’s or Mrs. Paul’s Fish Sticks and sprinkle over coleslaw for a crunchy and creamy bite.
  • Mixer: Mix Van de Kamp’s or Mrs. Paul’s Fish Sticks with some rice and soy sauce for a flavorful, crunchy super snack.
  • Dipper: Bake your crunchy fish sticks and then dip them into your favorite sauce. Try some of these flavorful favorites: mix equal party mustard and honey or equal parts ketchup and hot sauce.


4 comments:

  1. These all look great BUT the pie looks so so darn good..I may make it tonight...yep..looks that GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great for snack or breakfast. I going to try this for my kids. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UM, could you put that in the mail to me...now? please...

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!