A Mother's Wish


I have many wishes for my College Girl. And I have often thought what would I wish for her the most? That is a hard one. What do you wish for your loved ones?

I Wish her:
Discernment, which she has quite well. Thus she can be polite yet state her view in most situations. CG also is very good at deciding who and when to share her life with.
Love, to fill her life with. True deep never ending love. She has not found it yet, but she is patient and willing to wait for the right one.
Joy, in her choices, in her encounters, in life.

It comes down to the fact I wish her enough. Bob Perks wrote a gift book named "I Wish You Enough". It helps us focus on how we can embrace those moments in our lives. I love the attitude this book brings. Each small chapter starts with a wish that composes part of a poem. My favorite is "I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright." That alone can brighten my day.

So instead of wondering what I wish for my College Girl, I have decided to sit and share this book with her. I do want to say thanks to Thomas Nelson publishing for sharing this book with me. And let me end with another line in the book "I Wish You Enough."

"I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an excellent book to read! I will have to write the name of it down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good book. I may have to look at it.

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!