Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey SnacksImage via Wikipedia

Since I help care for children for other moms, I am always looking for healthy snacks the kids will like. And we all know that healthy and fun do not normally end up in the same sentence. But I have been lucky to find Funky Monkey, the fruit that crunches!
Funky Monkey sent me some samples to review. For this I say thank you!

Now let me tell you a little about this great snack. It is freeze dried fruit that does not have any sugar added. YEAH! And it is 100% real fruit and 100% fat free. And for those with allergies it is also gluten free. Top that off with each package is 3 servings of fruit. Now all of this is great to us moms, but the kids just see that it is healthy when they hear these words.

That is where the name comes in. What kid does not like a good funny word. And Funky Monkey is a fun name. So we have a great name and healthy snack, but how does it taste?

I tried it out with my lil ones here and it went over well with one and not so well with the other.
The lil one ate a piece of Applemon (that is apple with cinnamon) and then went for it by the handful. The older one would not even taste it. She is the picky eater by the way. I could not get her to tell me why she would not eat it either. So no taste testing there. But of course her sister was so much happier that she could have the whole bag for herself.

I tried the Pink Pineapple (that is pineapple with guava) and really loved the crunch it had. Think fruit chips. You get the sweetness of fruit but the crunch of a chip. Being on a forever diet this was great to me. As I crave the crunch. The flavor was good but I did come across a few pieces that where a lil too close to the core so they were tough.

We also have MangOJ (yes, mango and orange juice) that I am saving for College Girl. She is currently sleeping and will have it with her breakfast.

Now you can also try out your own Funky Monkey. I love that name, it sounds like a dance and I adore dancing. Funky Monkey is hosting a giveaway of a CASE of their snacks for one lucky reader. Just visit Funky Monkey and come back and tell me something you liked. (This is mandatory to enter.) You can also join them on their Facebook page. You can also have extra entries too. Additional entries can all be done with a separate comment for each for following, having my button, twittering, links on face book, sending others to the giveaway (they have to credit you) and blogging about this great giveaway. Make sure that I can contact you some how in order to let you know if your the winner.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

11 comments:

  1. I think I want to try the JiveALime!! That one sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put a link on Twitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put a link on facebook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off I love their site but what I love the most is that the do not add sugar to their snacks. So much these days has sugar added:(

    jrandtam[at]columbus.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you:)

    jrandtam[at]columbus.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fanned Funky Monkey on facebook; Tammy Graham

    jrandtam[at]columbus.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely have your button.

    jrandtam[at]columbus.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tweeted

    http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/6701345329

    ReplyDelete
  9. I put a link on my facebook; Tammy Graham

    jrandtam[at]columbus.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tweeted again

    http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/6867721060

    jrandtam[at]columbus.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tweeted again.
    http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/6907641275

    Huh, I don't even know if you are doing daily tweets. lol Oh well if not I tweeted anyway.

    When does this end??

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!