Bottle or Boob

Did you know that there are new guidelines for WIC?
Yeah, everything gets revamped every year. But now they are actually cutting how much they will let you have for formula. It is their new program to help encourage mom's to breast feed.

Breastfeeding symbolImage via Wikipedia


Now I did my best to breast feed College Girl a long time ago. She was only 2 lbs and 1 1/4 oz when she came into this world. And of course could not breast feed. So I pumped and pumped and pumped milk for her. Six months long I pumped.

But that not only helped build her immune system it also saved on baby formula. We saved well over $1,000 just on formula. I am all for breast feeding but not everyone can do that. Sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and go for the formula. And oh how it cost. I am glad there are different brands out there so we have choices. And from what I see one is about as good as the other since they all have to be FDA approved.

Well, with WIC's help I am sure there will be a few more breast fed babies than before.
Happy Eating to all those Babies!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Post?slot_id=45209&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!