Itchy and Scratchy

I know that we are not the only family that will have to cut back this summer on bills. And as you already know we decided to cut off the air conditioner. Thus we have all the doors and windows open 24 hours a day. Thank goodness we live in a small town that does not have the crime problem so we can do this. And there are 5 dogs that live here so they bark if anyone comes up that is unknown. But the downside is that we have to deal with the mosquitoes that are every present in Texas summers. We spend the evenings sitting on our front porch hoping to enjoy a slight breeze. Slapping at mosquitoes is not a fun game, especially if you are slapping at your loved ones who are being attacked too.

A female mosquito of the Culicidae family (Cul...Image via Wikipedia



We do worry about health problems from mosquitoes that carry West Nile virus. And many are not aware that heart worm is also carried by these blood suckers. So we have to find ways to help battle these pesky insects. There is a new product out called the Mosquito Magnet. It helps lure the incests to a holding tank where they die. By placing this near breeding areas and resting areas you can draw them away from you. I am glad to see that there is a mosquito traps that I could use instead of insecticide.

I know that it is heavenly to not have the itch bumps or the irritating buzz when I have a lil time to relax. Maybe this will be a solution for me and you too!




2 comments:

  1. Swat! Ooops, soory. I hate those pesky little bugs myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh me too!!!! we have so many bugs this year.... the bat population was seriously reduced by some sort of plague and its been really wet... both really bad for bugs!

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!