Finished!

Well we are finally done with the yard sale. It was much better than I thought it would be. All said and done we brought in $400.00 in 3 days to help get transportation up and going. Now to get the money in the bank! And we had help cleaning up. A local non-profit organization, Hospitality H.A.V.E.N that helps others get back on their feet after hardships picked up what we did not want to keep. They will use it for others who need clothes and the such. We also found that we had some other things to donate. I had a complete backpack of school supplies that I had purchased for a child that did not get to use them, 3 brand new shower curtains and pvc pipe to help with plumbing from the garage. My wonderful neighbor and fellow blogger Nessa had also donated her left over items. The organization is even on the look out for an engine for my daughter's car. Today I have a day trip to visit my niece. And I am hoping that my daughter does as she says and finishes cleaning up from the sale. I know I am a skeptic but normally all cleaning and organizing falls to me. So let's cross our fingers for a pleasant surprise.
In previous post you may know I was pulling out the old nasty carpet off my floors. I have managed to get 3 rooms done. The floors underneath were horrid looking but better than icky carpet. Well Alco had the stick on floor tiles on sale for 50% off this week. So we purchased enough for two rooms and last night my daughter and I managed to get most of the living room done. We have the edges, trim and under some heavy furniture to do still. But it looks 80% better than before! So whoo hooo for us. Maybe one day my house will look like it should. But I am not holding my breath.
And I want to add a Happy Birthday to our dear neighbor girl, Ashley. She turns 9 years old today. And she is a princess for the day. I can't wait to see how she turns out this year. She made the A honor roll this 6 weeks and is an avid reader. So for her birthday we are pulling out some of my daughter's favorite book series that we have saved for years, along with a matching dvd and video and hope she enjoys it too! Yes we recycle even presents. Don't have to be new, they have to be from the heart and sincere. And for Ashley we are truly sincere in that we Wish Her a Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. I am in awe of people who do yard sales. For some reason, I can't bring myself to do it. All our stuff goes straight to charity. But $400? I might rethink that! Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for visiting my blog:-)

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!