Emotionally Reading

Oh my it has been a round and round and round summer.  I loved the time I had with the Grandbabes and the week afterwards with Romy.  In the ups and downs and around the bends of it all, books have been read, shared and followed many of them home.  So here is my Summer Roundup of Kiddo Reading.
We are going to continue with emotions today.




Happy, Sad, & Everything In Between by Sunny Im-Wang

My oldest Grandbabe is ADHD and with that is complications on handling her feelings.  Often she becomes over excited and has to tone it back.  From that she then started to learn to hold back most of the time.  This is not something I want for her.  So learning that we all have feelings of all sorts is a pretty good thing.  In Happy, Sad, & Everything In Between we can identify her feelings.  And learn to own them too.  It is okay to feel up and down and sometimes even indifferent.  But it is important to feel.  Feel with all of our heart.  To love and be loved as I do so love my Granddaughter.





I love treating Princess Emma to a day with the Grandbabes.  They are all great friends.  But when you get 5 of 6 kiddos running around the house can become pretty chaotic.  A mess happens but clean up happens too.  With Cupcake Jones we learn the importance of tidying up and putting things in their proper place. Join Princess Cupcake Jones as she searches her palace in hopes of finding her tutu, and discovers forgotten treasures along the way. For added fun, look for the special word (love) in each illustration.
 

Dream Big, Little Pig! Personalized Book

- See more at: http://www.putmeinthestory.com/personalized-books/dream-big-little-pig.html#sthash.q1B3aGzv.dpuf

Dream Big, Little Pig! Personalized Book

- See more at: http://www.putmeinthestory.com/personalized-books/dream-big-little-pig.html#sthash.q1B3aGzv.dpuf
 Dream Big, Little Pig by Kristi Yamaguchi

I am so very happy to have a new Granddaughter coming into our family.  I have mentioned Kira before.  She is our Princess Bonus Grandbabe.  Last year when I first read Dream Big, Little Pig I never thought I would have the chance to personalize this book just for Kira.   Put Me In The Story is a new personalized children’s book site that was launched last fall.  What makes Put Me In The Story unique is that they are offering personalization of bestselling and award-winning books like Kristi Yamaguchi's book.  These are quality stories that parents & kids already know and love, now available with the child’s name is integrated throughout the story, including a dedication page for photo and personal message.

Sweet Pea Sue Makes a New Friend for the Jim Henson and Pajanimal collection.
This is a good one for bedtime reading.  Taking the Pajanimal matching snuggle toy while reading about making new friends is a natural.  Also this being a cardboard book it will survive those lil hands that are not always so gentle when getting excited.  I can not wait to share this with my newest Grandbabe to be.  She can grow up hearing about Sweet Pea Sue, of the Pajanimals and Ellie.  They just want to be friends.

I love that Jim Henson Company and Running Press Kids have teamed up with The Get Caught Reading campaign on the new Pajanimals’ board and sticker book, Sweet Pea Sue Makes a New Friend and Pajanimal Pal toy!  The Get Caught Reading campaign was developed by the AAP and launched in 1999 to promote and celebrate the joy of reading, and is embraced by thousands of celebrities, booksellers, teachers and librarians who continue to support this campaign across the country. 
I wish to thank Juice Publishing, Lil Sprout Press, Put Me In The Story, Get Caught Reading, Jim Henson Company and Running Press Kids for sharing so many wonderful books with us.   This was a great way to entertain the Grandbabes while they where hanging out with me for a week.  They always know that Nonnie has a stack of books to read on each visit.  I could not do it without y'all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!