Blessings Abound

This year has brought many new challenges and many blessings in return.  I have felt so lucky for Dear Hubby's health being able to be returned to him through his surgery and Doctors care.  Also how often we were not sure how things were going to go and at the right time what we needed was provided.  It has been amazing.  We have not been attending church for some time.  Granny M uses the one car we have to pick up ladies from the nursing home and take them to church.  I do not want to take a seat that one of them could use.  Thankfully our friends are looking out for us.  They have offered to let us ride with them if we would like to visit their church.  Funny in the very same week we had a visit from some of the members there just by chance as we were planting our garden out front.  Like I said before, what we need is being provided for us.

Dear Hubby and I have also been looking for an at home bible study we can do together.  We are enjoying our evening walks and wish to add an nighttime study before bedtime.  Just as we have been talking about this I received the book "The Gospel Centered Woman".  This is a study guide for myself, yet I feel that I can share it with Dear Hubby.  There is so much here we both can claim for ourselves.  I feel that a guided study that helps me focus on how to be the best I can be will help our marriage.  It will also help that I can have Dear Hubby by my side as I look for the way to stand up for our beliefs.  Each chapter has a place for me to write my reflections as well as a chapter by chapter study guide in the back of this book.  I know that it is on my bed stand now.  I can't wait to dig into it with my partner.


Many Christian books written to women claim to present God's good instructions for their lives. Some expound on the value of marriage and children. Many extol the virtues of the Proverbs 31 wife. A good number teach the value of love, submission, and respect in Christian marriages. Though this book deals with these topics, The Gospel-Centered Woman addresses women from an entirely different perspective. The most important part of the Bible's instructions to women center around the gospel. Jesus' life, death, and resurrection brought about a seismic shift in our understanding of Scripture. After His resurrection, His disciples understood words written thousands of years before with a clarity they never had previously. The good news of Christ illuminates all other Scripture, including instructions to women. 

 
Wendy Alsup is a wife, mom, and math teacher. She is the author of "Practical Theology for Women: How Knowing God Makes a Difference in Our Daily Lives" and "By His Wounds You are Healed: How the Message of Ephesians Transforms a Woman's Identity". 

This is a review written for the Litfuse Chicks in exchange for the book mentioned above.  All opinions are of my own.  No other compensation was received.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!