Fair Escape

Did you ever day dream of running away with the circus or zoo or fair?  You know what I mean.  Those times when you imagine life as all fun and no resposibities.  But what would it be like to really live that life.  Always going from place to place, no real home, and never feeling like you belong in one place either. 
All of this came to mind while I was reading The Charlatan's Boy by Jonathan Rogers. This was so fun to escape into.  It takes place in the land of Corenwald with Grady who is traveling with Floyd, a virtual flimflam man.  In life on the road Grady has been cast as "The Wild Man of the Feechiefan Swamp" but people are not beliving there is "Feechies" anymore.  So Floyd and Grady come up with a scheme to create the Great Feechie Scare. 
This is a virtual romp around the countryside.  I have to say it was great fun to be pulled into this other world.  In no time at all I was believing in the "Feechies"!

I want to thank Waterbrook Multnomah and thier Blogging For Books program.  It is so much fun to pick out what book I want to read then share it with you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!