All the happy I can get!

It has been a rough week for me.  And I apologize to you for my absence.  Just hard for me to function.  This is where I have a hard time discerning between what is morning and what is depression.  One can slip into the other so easy.  But I am trying my best to look at the rosy side of life.  What is your way of getting past the mishaps of life?  How do you bring yourself back up?

Well I am going to try to see what are the good things that has happened in this last few weeks?  If I can list them then I can try to see the silver lining. 

Hummmm?  Dear Hubby's feet are not hurting him  That is really good as he is not walking in every evening limping.  That usually ends up in him crashing on any soft surface and not moving the rest of the evening.  We found some inserts called Happy Feet at the Pow Wow this year.  They were a bit costly for our budget but we thought if they really worked then it would be well worth it in the long run.  And they have a one year warranty too.  He says they feel weird at first 100% glycerin filled insoles but he could tell a difference in no time at all.  And they are made to fit in his flip flops too.  Yeah are made in Florida where everyong lives in their sandels.  I love that they have kept him up and moving.  He comes home and helps me out with chores and has gone for a few walks too!  Something has to doing right for that to happen!  If you want to try some then go to HappyFeet.net and make sure to use the code 276 for $10.00 off.  That would be a 20% savings.

What else?  I have a way to sweeten up things and make it easy too.  In the Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Book there are over 375 cookie recipes that all start with a box of cake mix.  I know I can pick up boxes of cake mix here for .97 cents pretty often.  That sure is a savings than the flour, sugar, baking powder and such that I would have to have on hand.  There are also egg and dairy free cookies as well as vegan.  And sometimes we just need things to be a lil easier.  I bet you can name a flavor and I could find it in here.  But with it being fall and all I thought I would share one with you.

Pumpkin Softies
  • 1 (18.25 oz) package of spice cake mix
  • 2/3 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tablespoons vegtable oil
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
  • 1 cup (1/2 a 16 oz tub) ready to spread vanilla frosting
Blend the first 5 items in a large bowl on low speed for 1 minute.  Mix in raisns or cranberries with a wooden spoon.
Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls 2" apart on a oiled cookie sheet.  You can then sprinkle with pecans if you wish.
Bake 10-13 minutes at 350 degrees.  Cool cookies for a minute then drizzle with melted icing.

Oh and the best of this last few weeks?  I can drink coffee and work on losing weight too!  You knew that?  Ok but are you enjoying the energy you get from Coffee FX?  This is a healty alternative to my morning coffee.  It helps me control my appetite and lose a lil too.  College Girl likes it because it reminds her of the coffee energy drinks she is always buying at the convience store.  Gosh to be able to fix that for her at home and not have the $3.00+ cost that those cans are would be great.  I have really loved the taste.  It is more of a nutty flavor than the heavy chicory I expected. 

Well there are 3 things that have made me smile, feel better and helped relieve pain.  I have to be really happy for that.  I also appreciate the cookbook and coffee that was sent to me to review.  The insoles I purchased with no extras involved.  Tell me what is making you smile......cause God knows right now I need all the happy I can get!


3 comments:

  1. My own personal method of beating depression scares some people. I walk. Not just a little walk. I leave my house at around midnight and sometimes stumble in at around noon. I walk until my feet bleed and my legs SCREAM for a reprieve. Then I turn around and walk home. When physical pain overcomes emotional pain you can put perspective on your situation and give it some genuine thought unclouded by sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the cakes and cofee cheered you up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bible says that the Lord will work all things together for good to those who love Him. I start counting the ways that there is something good in the situation. It is suprizing how many things you can come up with. Then just thank the Lord for the good that has come into your life.

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!