Dear Hubby is always saying nice things to me. That is great but I was not at all use to it when we first met. I did not know how to accept a compliment. So I made it into our personal joke. He would say something nice and I would tease him that he had a lil black book of compliments. And just what page was that one on? Well over time I have learned to accept what he says as his truth to me. But we still have the running joke.
"Dance First. Think Later." is a lil white book with 618 rules to live by. My very own lil book to quote from. Now I can go head to head with my Dear Hubby. And the Dance part....perfect. You know my saying is "There is always time to DANCE!" With 425 pages, I am now armed with great quotes.
Put all of your eggs in one basket and watch the basket.-Carl Sandburg, Writer
Well that makes sense. If your going to put all of your eggs in one basket you better watch it.
Rule #575 says:
Never go out to meet trouble. If you will just sit still, nine cases times out of ten, someone will intercept it for you.-Calvin Coolidge, President
Oh yes, that is one to agree with and to listen to. How often do we race out and meet trouble. I know I have done it way to often. And there are more. Such as:
• "Spend the afternoon. You can't take it with you."-Annie Dillard
• "If everything is under control, you are going too slow." -Mario Andretti
• "The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook." -Julia Child
• "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." ―Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel)
• "Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity." ―Ray Bradbury
But one on my favorites right now is rule #398:
Nobody should give a shit about an actor's opinion on politics.-James Cann, actor.
Amen to that one!
DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy of this book to facilitate this review. No other compensation was provided.