First I read "Fat to Skinny-Fast and Easy!" by Doug Varrieur. Now I have been working hard at losing weight for some time and I promise you it is not easy for me. But it is good to have the tools on hand to help me make the right decisions. This book would be great to use to help your kiddos learn good eating habits from the get go. First there is the Sugar Proof technique. What is that?
- Spot the hidden SUGAR
- Understand how to read labels
- Get your children involved
- Act immediately
- Remove all the food and drinks that metabolize into blood sugar
- Prepare your family meals
- Replace the foods that metabolize into sugar with foods that dont
- Organize a SUGAR PROOF gang
- Offer you help in teaching others wheat you've learned
- Forget everything you've been taught
The other tool I am using is "Nutrition at your Fingertips" by Elisa Zied. This is the ultimate in go-to guides about nutrition. Easy page index to find Carbohydrates to Dietary Cholesterol to Energy Balance to The Metabolic Syndrome and everything in between. The flip and find comfort of this book helps make this your kitchen text book. I have found where all those things you can not pronounce on food labels is explained. And how my College Girl can safely gain weight while I lose weight. This will be the book that is in front of all of my cookbooks. It will help me learn more about how food works with my body then any other I have ever had. And I have to say the it is nice to know that Elisa has a lil bit of chocolate every day. Thanks to Gardi Wilks for sending me this tool. You can check out Elisa's blog everyday too.