Tending Our Special Gardens

I have had a great time with Nessa's kiddos here this week. Nessa took a break and went out of town for the week. I hope she is enjoying herself. In the mean time her two babes have kept me entertained. They make me think of the two books I have been reading. They are U.N.I.Q.U.E. and U.N.I.Q.U.E. KIDS by Debra J. Slover.

These are great books on how to "grow" the leader within and to help your children be leaders. U.N.I.Q.U.E. stands for Understanding, Nurturing, Inventive, Quality, Unstoppable and Expression. These are the lessons that help leadership grow. In these two books you will meet Hugh, a lost sheep. Gosh, I know how many times I have felt like a lost sheep. This fable shows us how to grow from low self-esteem into a leader. Do your kids love to learn from stories?

I do love how this moves on to the Leadership Farm where an open and loving way of living is the norm. It was great to see that they used both human and animals to carry the lessons through. What a easy way to help these lessons stick for children. And then to also be able to follow the story line for adults in their own book. Debra Slover overcame hardships and loss growing up to become the founder of Leadership Garden Legacy. You can learn more at her web site too!

I wish to tank Elaine at prbythebook for sending me these two great tools. I am sure they can help people grow in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!